Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2011, 07:09 AM

3 posts, read 4,109 times

Advertisements

I was thinking of buying a house in Moss Creek, Concord NC. Can anyone tell me the good and bad of living there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 09:31 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,828,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenasheville View Post
I was thinking of buying a house in Moss Creek, Concord NC. Can anyone tell me the good and bad of living there?

No personal experience, but I can tell you one good thing is how the middle school kids in there get to walk to school. The schools are all nice and new too with good reputations

Old 05-06-2011, 10:33 AM

1,241 posts, read 2,324,912 times
My wife and I like living in Moss Creek. We can ride our bikes around the neighborhood without competing with too many cars. The pool area is nice. There is an adults only pool that we use. There are a couple of grocery stores within a couple of miles. My drive to uptown Charlotte isn't bad. Getting to the Concord Mills mall is easy. Afton Village isn't far.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:48 AM

314 posts, read 676,751 times
I think Moss Creek is a nice neighborhood...we've been here for 5 years. Our children like the schools, and I like that they are inside the neighborhood.

You can get a nice home here with access to great schools and amenities for a really good price too!

Other positives are location...MC is very close to retail and grocery shopping, Concord Mills, restaurants, gas stations, interstate access, Huntersville, Davidson, Kannapolis, parts of Mooresville, Charlotte areas, etc.

We were promised (when we bought) shopping, retail, restaurants, office space next to MC where Ruckus house is but who knows when that will happen! I am hoping for a Dunkin's though...the owner of D&D in H'ville lives in here so maybe there's a chance!

Only negatives I can think of is for some being in a large neighborhood like this doesn't appeal. Also, some of the homes are pretty close together in certain sections, which some people don't care for. Some sections don't have a lot of mature tree's while others have some natural areas around and mature tree's (especially around the perimeter of the neighborhood).
Guess it's a matter of perspective!
But honestly, I can't think of anything majorly negative about it.

Hope this helped!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte