Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 04:34 AM

7 posts, read 24,041 times

Advertisements

Anyone live in this subdivision?? Any feedback on it?

I am considering buying in there very soon as I am relocating from Orlando to Charlotte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 01:37 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,784,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eberrong View Post
Anyone live in this subdivision?? Any feedback on it?

I am considering buying in there very soon as I am relocating from Orlando to Charlotte.

All I can tell you is that I love the area and that you'll be zoned for some of the best schools in all of Charlotte

Old 03-25-2011, 01:46 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I have 2 small children, so public schools were a big factor for us.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:04 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,784,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eberrong View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I have 2 small children, so public schools were a big factor for us.
Well, you have chosen a nice area of Charlotte to concentrate your search. And the homes in Ardrey are really beautiful

Old 03-26-2011, 06:54 AM

Any other new neighborhoods that we should consider??

Old 03-26-2011, 07:33 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,035,355 times
I'm not a big fan of Pulte, but that is an excellent area of Meck assigned to AK HS... If I remember correctly that was actually a Centex neighborhood (taken over by Pulte in their merger).

As far as new goes, I think the old Ballanmoor community may be starting back up right down the road and there's several other communities in the immediate area that are building.

You can also look down in Union County if you could stomach a bit longer commute (you didn't say where you were working) because Ardrey Chase is literally on the county border.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:07 AM

I will be commuting to westinghouse blvd on the SW side of CLT.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:36 AM

109 posts, read 350,061 times
I live in Ardrey Chase. I bought prior to the Centex/Pulte merger and been extremely happy with the home. Over the last year Pulte has phased-out the Centex floorplans in place of their own, though very similar plans based on the new models I've visited.

The neighborhood is probably 70% built-out with at least 10 new homes under contract. There are a lot of children and we are very diverse. I've lived in the Ballantyne/Blakeney area over 12 years and we've been zoned for three different elementary schools. We didn't want to leave the area since we have easy access to almost everything we need, including excellent public schools: Elon Park Elementary, Community House Middle and Ardrey Kell High (we are close enough to hear the band playing and crowd cheering during Friday night Fall footballs games when out walking in the neighborhood - yet far enough away to avoid all the traffic and overflow parking along Wade Ardrey Rd. The new Pulte neighborhood, Ballanmoor, is directly across the street from the high school and Ardrey Kell Rd., which can be extremely busy).

Ardrey Chase is somewhat protected from surrounding growth - county land across the street and a protected natural area on the back, along with a small creek and trees separating us from the Ardrey Crest neighborhood.

You have access to sidewalks that will allow long walks and we are only a couple minutes from a greenway. The pool is open Memorial Day thru Labor Day and we've had an HOA paid pool attendent the last two summers. Currently, HOA fees are $275 per quarter.

Send me a Direct Message if you have additional questions.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:57 AM

That is great information. Thanks so much. Its really tough to pick a house when you are unfamiliar with the area. That really helps!

Old 04-13-2011, 11:40 AM

51 posts, read 97,980 times
The area around here is really good and easy access to everything from groceries, electronics, UPS etc. We have 3 harries teeter within 2 miles raduis and couple of targets at rea road/ardrey kell and the other one in blakeney.
We looked at houses in ardrey chase and the price of the houses were a deal breaker for us. The options that we wanted got us to 380K with their prestwick plan and it was back on 2009. I think those days of 400k houses are over now. They still have a few houses left to sell and the last I heard was they were hitting walls selling the remaining houses because of no negotiations policy that they have opted. I was also very skeptic of buying from a seller who went bankrupt and got acquired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte