Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 06:42 PM

37 posts, read 125,257 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am in a market for buying new home and confused between these two sub-divisions (Winding Walk - Shea homes vs Christenbury Mews - Ryland homes), they both have good models and Ryland homes are little expensive though. I would like to know which is better in terms of schooling and resale value.

I heard that there might be chances of rezoning the cabarrus county, does it affect Winding walk to attend Cox Mill schools?

Please share your experience. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 07:16 PM

104 posts, read 309,524 times
I can not speak about the schools but the Ryland home is all brick. The amenities are better at Christenbury, and the price is better. Some people really do not like the power lines in Winding Walk. I do not think that either choice is bad. You might also try Skybrook North. Standard Pacific has a great plan that is priced at 203k.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwl1011 View Post
I can not speak about the schools but the Ryland home is all brick. The amenities are better at Christenbury, and the price is better. Some people really do not like the power lines in Winding Walk. I do not think that either choice is bad. You might also try Skybrook North. Standard Pacific has a great plan that is priced at 203k.
Thanks. But elementary school for "Skybrook North" (and Moss Creek as well) is W R Odelle Elementary and I heard about not good reviews.

So, in order to attend Cox Mill Elementary I have the following choices,

1) Winding Walk
2) Christenbury Mews
3) David Weekly Chase
4) Cannon Crossing - no new construction (Ryland moved out recently)

I think that's all, no other new constructions, do you think I missed anything else.

Thanks.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:52 AM

314 posts, read 676,457 times
My children have attended Odell and its a great school with truely wonderful teachers! I'm not sure what you heard but as a parent of 2 children who attended, one still currently attending, they love the school, the teachers, and principal. My daughter struggles with math and they made sure she got the help and encouragement she needs to succeed. I couldn't have asked for more! The parental involvement is great and I think if you visit the school personally you'll feel welcomed and add this school to your list.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2NC View Post
My children have attended Odell and its a great school with truely wonderful teachers! I'm not sure what you heard but as a parent of 2 children who attended, one still currently attending, they love the school, the teachers, and principal. My daughter struggles with math and they made sure she got the help and encouragement she needs to succeed. I couldn't have asked for more! The parental involvement is great and I think if you visit the school personally you'll feel welcomed and add this school to your list.
Thanks MA2NC for giving good info on Odell, that's truely appreicated.
Since you're a Real Estate agent, do you know by any chance of rezoning the schools in Winding Walk and Christenbury Mews areas. Thanks.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:09 PM

314 posts, read 676,457 times
I have not heard that...they only thing I can think of is there is a new middle school opening up that will relieve some of the overcrowding at Harris Road Middle.

Try this link and maybe call CCS directly for the most accurate information: 704-786-6191
Cabarrus County Schools - District Home Page

Old 03-15-2011, 04:16 AM

972 posts, read 2,445,719 times
85 is the boundry for who goes to the new middle school.

Here are the maps: TRANSPORTATION - Maps

Odell and Cox Mill are both good elementary schools. Pros and cons to both. Both feed into Harris Road Middle and Cox Mill High school.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:02 AM

Thanks to MA2NC and msm_teacher, very informative. Based on the maps, I think there are no changes and Winding walk community sits in boundaries of Cox Mill ES for 2011-2012 as well. Not sure afterwards?

Old 03-15-2011, 11:50 AM

Some update on Cox Mill ES, I talked to Cabarrus school district and they are not anticipating any changes to Cox Mill ES for Winding walk community in next 5 years and if Cox Mill ES gets over-crowded they might consider building new ES on 73 (East of Davidson) but again nothing in next 5 years.

TRANSPORTATION - Maps

Thanks.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:26 PM

972 posts, read 2,445,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by validmailer View Post
Some update on Cox Mill ES, I talked to Cabarrus school district and they are not anticipating any changes to Cox Mill ES for Winding walk community in next 5 years and if Cox Mill ES gets over-crowded they might consider building new ES on 73 (East of Davidson) but again nothing in next 5 years.

TRANSPORTATION - Maps

Thanks.
You do realize there are no guarantees, just plans based on what is known now and what might happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte