Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2007, 03:59 AM

6 posts, read 15,859 times

Advertisements

My husband is being relocated with his company to the Charlotte area. He will be traveling in and around S. Charlotte, so I would like any information as to where to look for houses (max price 325-350) with good schools. I have one child entering kindergarten and I have another in Pre-K EC. Any help would be great, I don't know where to start looking!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 05:28 AM

3 posts, read 5,233 times
Good luck with your move, I know it can be stressful. We did it a few years ago. Irredell, Lake Norman, Union County,and Cabarrus county schools are very good. It all depends on where you want to live.
We live in the outskirts of Concord, in Moss Creek Village. They are building the new elementary school in the developement, and the middle school is right next to it. That is one of the reasons my wife picked this subdivision. The commute to Charlotte is not bad, many of my neighbors work in downtown Charlotte. MODERATOR CUT
James

Last edited by Jammie; 07-18-2007 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: realtor advertising

Old 07-18-2007, 05:41 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,169,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movngwkids View Post
My husband is being relocated with his company to the Charlotte area. He will be traveling in and around S. Charlotte, so I would like any information as to where to look for houses (max price 325-350) with good schools. I have one child entering kindergarten and I have another in Pre-K EC. Any help would be great, I don't know where to start looking!
We relocated in 1998 to South Charlotte -- now we are in Union county (about two miles from where we were in South Charlotte) As a realtor, I am not permitted to offer opinions on individual schools, but for comparative school information, check NC School Report Cards Also check the county websites to get a sense of the relative locations of the schools.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools for Charlotte Mecklenburg schools
Union County Public Schools for Union County schools

There are a lot of posts on this board concerning the schools, so you should be able to find the information you need. Best of luck to you in your relocation

Old 07-18-2007, 05:51 AM

396 posts, read 1,630,999 times
Welcome. Our family just re-located to Union County in February. I think you will like it. If I may offer up the same advice I always offer up when someone is "on their way"....Charlotte (even S. Charlotte) is very big and diverse. Throw in Union County and you have a lot to look at and take in. Find a real estate agent that you really click with and have them do alot of the work for you. I would have been lost without ours as I only had 10 days to find a house. There are lots of great agents on this board. If you don't click with one....find one that you do. I would still be living in a rental wondering where to go if I hadn't had an agent. BTW...I'm not one If your heart is set on S. Charlotte, I think you will be able to find something in that price range. Good luck and welcome.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:45 PM

6 posts, read 15,859 times
Thanks for the info, I think I will start with the school county websites then contact a realtor in the area. Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: