Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 09:09 AM

972 posts, read 2,443,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
So why isn't testing moved out to accomodate the make-up days? This seems obvious.
You have to end by the 10th. Back up to allow time for testing, retesting, testing with accomodations and retesting with accomodations. Its really pushed back as far as possible already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 09:52 AM

1,139 posts, read 2,361,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
So why isn't testing moved out to accomodate the make-up days? This seems obvious.

It does doesn't it? Sometimes the obvious makes the least sense. Testing windows are set way in advance and the schools hands are tied when it comes to how far they can if they can move them. The higher powers need to be consulted. I know that for this semester that moving testing dates and make up dates will encroach on the second semester start. How much do we want to take away from the second semester classes? We now have retakes the first two days of the second semester because of the snow days.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:34 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,247,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wevie View Post
It was 180 days in Virginia when I was in school. It always snowed a lot there. It was not uncommon for us to go up till June 14th or 15th due to missing so much school.
This is how it was when I lived in Missouri, then I moved to Oklahoma and school got out as early as May 9th. The schools in Oklahoma started early (August 13th) and had a few built in snow days towards the end of the year. If it snowed there would be school but if it did not they would be "teacher work days."

Old 01-15-2011, 10:39 AM

20 posts, read 69,253 times
why dont the make it up on a holiday like martin luther king day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte