Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 11:27 AM

539 posts, read 1,500,955 times

Advertisements

Have to take my son to the dr tonight across from the south park mall any would like to take him to a chinese buffet for dinner after. Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 11:37 AM

999 posts, read 4,659,311 times
I can't remember the name of it, but it's a newer one in Matthews, in the plaza next to (going East on 74) Windsor Square (where the furniture row store is, and a fitness place I think), it's huge and very good there.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:49 AM

777 posts, read 2,572,762 times
Tin Tin on Park Rd Extension. Not cheap but very tasty!

Old 12-17-2010, 12:24 PM

416 posts, read 928,269 times
^^^^ both are good suggestions IMO. One is cheap- Habatchi grill in Matthews -which is LARGE and average "Chinese food" but I do enjoy the fresh habatchi grill, and Tin Tin is more expensive and a better choice only if you two are into sushi and crab legs which I thought the sushi was a bit better in selection and the crab legs which you can not get at habatchi grill.
Now I am craving wonton soup.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:31 PM

Thanks for the replies. He is 8 and mainly like chicken and broccoli, won't touch fish. I might give the Habatchi grill a shot.
Any other suggestions?

Old 12-17-2010, 01:08 PM

416 posts, read 928,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car421 View Post
Thanks for the replies. He is 8 and mainly like chicken and broccoli, won't touch fish. I might give the Habatchi grill a shot.
Any other suggestions?
OOO then for an 8 year old and yourself I would highly recommend the Habatchi grill for the price and the selection alone.
The one in Matthews on 51 next to Fuddruckers is not bad either not as big as HG but if I remember more expensive then HG it's been a long time since I have been.
I think Habatchi grill would be a fun, cheap bet.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:42 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,279,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsN Charlotte View Post
OOO then for an 8 year old and yourself I would highly recommend the Habatchi grill for the price and the selection alone.
The one in Matthews on 51 next to Fuddruckers is not bad either not as big as HG but if I remember more expensive then HG it's been a long time since I have been.
I think Habatchi grill would be a fun, cheap bet.
Buffet Dynasty is the one on 51. The last couple times I went there for lunch the food was not hot, really it wasn't much warmer than room temp. My vote is for Hibachi Grill in Windsor Square. The food turns over much faster because the restaurant is much busier, so it's generally fresher in the pan.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:42 PM

Went to Habachi Grill and my son loved it. My wife also thought it was pretty good. I enjoyed the fresh Habachi grill - very good. The regular staple chinese dishes were good but I have had better. Thanks for the suggestion. My son loved it and that is what matters most.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:25 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,279,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car421 View Post
Went to Habachi Grill and my son loved it. My wife also thought it was pretty good. I enjoyed the fresh Habachi grill - very good. The regular staple chinese dishes were good but I have had better. Thanks for the suggestion. My son loved it and that is what matters most.
Do you know of a buffet you like better? I know there are much better full service Chinese restaurants. I'm getting burned out on the best known buffets, so I'm asking if you have a preference for them.

Old 12-17-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Do you know of a buffet you like better? I know there are much better full service Chinese restaurants. I'm getting burned out on the best known buffets, so I'm asking if you have a preference for them.
That was the first buffet that I have gone to here in NC. We have been getting our Chinese take-out at First China in Indian Trail in the HT shopping center on Old Monroe for the past 4 1/2 yrs and really like it. We were just looking to try something new with my son who is always asking for Chinese and thought that a buffet would be nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte