Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 07:30 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,541,472 times

Advertisements

Great Race yesterday it was a Texas Showdown.
Gordon Vs. Burton fist fight

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/
Jimmy Johnson pit crew team gets into a scuffle and gets bench.
Another driver penalized 2 laps for giving Nascar officials the finger which is just wrong IMO>

Congratulations To Denny Hamlin ( the driver I been pulling for all season) of Joe Gibbs Race team from Huntersville; winning last night race and now is the leader in Chase cup points

GO 11
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 07:44 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,396,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
The Race was awesome yesterday it was a Texas Showdown.
Gordon Vs. Burton fist fight

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/
Another driver penalized 2 laps for giving Nascar officials the finger which is just wrong IMO>

Congratulations To Denny Hamlin ( the driver I been pulling for all season) of Joe Gibbs Race team from Huntersville; winning last night race and now is the leader in cup points!

GO 11
Great win for Hamlin but looks like another Hendrick entitlement by NASCAR
Now if Johnson should win the Cup again who will be sitting at the number one table? The Lowes pit crew or the Dupont crew?

Bad move by NASCAR for allowing that to happen. There is already too much comparison to WWF.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:07 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,661,022 times
In case you didn't see it, there was a helluva wreck Saturday during the North-South Shootout at Concord Speedway. During a modified race, driver Steven Reed lost a tire on the backstretch and literally climbed up the wall, tearing down a large section of the safety fence and almost leaving the track. Fortunately, he was able to walk away, although the car was destroyed.

Chaos Rules North-South Shootout | National Speed Sport News

Old 11-08-2010, 08:13 AM

550 posts, read 1,809,497 times
I wouldn't call it a fist fight... Gordon just gave him a shove. It wasn't a hockey fight. haha!

Old 11-08-2010, 11:53 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,626,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota4791 View Post
I wouldn't call it a fist fight... Gordon just gave him a shove. It wasn't a hockey fight. haha!
WIth Gordon I would expect more of a slap fight than a fist fight.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:53 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,867,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
WIth Gordon I would expect more of a slap fight than a fist fight.
LMAO!! I heard he broke a nail...

Jeff Burton on the other hand, is a farm grown southern boy, and would have dismantled Gordon. I think he showed great restraint.

As for Kyle Busch- sure, he's a little (alot) immature, but he has more talent than any other driver in the business, bar none. Mark my words- after Kyle finishes the anger management clas that Tony Stewart went to in the early 00's, he will be the most feared man in motorsports. Was flipping off the NASCAR official immature? Sure. Was it worth 2 laps? Hell no!! NASCAR has become very arbitraty in how the enforce rules- like Jimmie Johnson not being penalized for losing a tire. Doesnt matter that someone else hit it- it wasnt where it belonged, and he should have been penalized.

Oh, and Johnson, Knaus and Hendrick are all classless, in my book. Replacing a crew in the middle of the race?? Absolutely insulting- as well as unprecedented. I hope Johnson's entire crew resigned this morning.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:01 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,626,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
LMAO!! I heard he broke a nail...

Jeff Burton on the other hand, is a farm grown southern boy, and would have dismantled Gordon. I think he showed great restraint.
That is what I was thinking.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:02 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,237,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
What scuffle? I didn't see one, and there was no mention of one in the half dozen articles I read about the race, or any coverage I've seen on TV. They were replaced because they were continuing to cost JJ spots on the track, and Gordon's (better) crew became available because he crashed out of the race.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:19 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,237,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
like Jimmie Johnson not being penalized for losing a tire. Doesnt matter that someone else hit it- it wasnt where it belonged, and he should have been penalized.

Oh, and Johnson, Knaus and Hendrick are all classless, in my book. Replacing a crew in the middle of the race?? Absolutely insulting- as well as unprecedented. I hope Johnson's entire crew resigned this morning.
The tire was in JJ's pit box, so it was exactly where it was supposed to be. It's not his team's fault if another car goes into his pit box and hits it. Nascar agrees.

As for the replacing of crews being insulting, this isn't cotillion, it's a team sport and big business. I suppose Knaus could say, during the inevitable press conference "well, we could have used Gordon's crew after he crashed out, but it was more important to protect the feelings of a few crew members than to try to win a championship."

The crew knew they were screwing up. As professionals they knew being replaced was a possibility. Fortunately for the team an opportunity arose before the championship was completely out of reach.

Any team will replace the weak link when it has the opportunity.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:32 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,867,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
The tire was in JJ's pit box, so it was exactly where it was supposed to be. It's not his team's fault if another car goes into his pit box and hits it. Nascar agrees.

As for the replacing of crews being insulting, this isn't cotillion, it's a team sport and big business. I suppose Knaus could say, during the inevitable press conference "well, we could have used Gordon's crew after he crashed out, but it was more important to protect the feelings of a few crew members than to try to win a championship."

The crew knew they were screwing up. As professionals they knew being replaced was a possibility. Fortunately for the team an opportunity arose before the championship was completely out of reach.

Any team will replace the weak link when it has the opportunity.
Huh! I guess I didnt realize that a pit box extended out 4 feet in to pit road. I was always under the assumption that the pit box was only considered to be the area within those fancy little lines NASCAR draws to delineate them. But, as has become the norm, NASCARs rules only apply to those on whom they elect to enforce them.

NASCAR.COM Video - Pit Move: Jimmie Johnson

No one said it was cotillion. It was however inappropriate. Hell, the crew is ultimately the responsibility of the crew chief- so by your logic, since Gordon's crew chief was available, shouldnt Knaus have been replaced too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte