Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Husband relocating to Huntersville North Carolina, inquiring about areas to live, short commute time, middle to upper middle class housing

Old 07-01-2007, 05:33 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,276,808 times

Advertisements

My husband is considering relocating to his company's location in Huntersville, North Carolina. I used to live in Lexington so I know what North Carolina is like. But can anyone give me some information about Huntersville? Is it a nice area? Are there other areas within reasonable commuting to Huntersville that we should consider? School districts don't matter to us because our son will be going into college. I'm not looking for the most affluent neighborhoods either. Nice, middle to upper middle class areas are fine with us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2007, 05:36 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,921,464 times
Huntersville is great...do a quick search at the top of this page because there are a ton of threads already on Huntersville and I think you will gather some great info from them. Good luck--

Old 07-01-2007, 07:13 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,624,692 times
Hi, I grew up in Lexington and now Im in Huntersville and even though the cities are similar in population size I think of huntersville as a modern version of lexington but a city that is progressing not stuck in time. It was main reason I chose this location and home appreciation in huntersville have grown more than I imagine that is posistive or negative depending on how you look at it. (I look at as a big plus).

It situated between two lakes and alot cleaner than High Rock Lake which tended to be very murky and lot of tree stumps and debri.

There is lots of restaurant options and quality life to get involved in. I also like the short distance to uptown charlotte that I dreaded the drive when I was in lexington.

The BBQ isnt great here nor any red slaw...urrgh

Lots of shopping and various parks abound.

If you can avoid area during the week between 7 to 9 a.m and 4 to 6 pm the traffic is insane. Sometimes it take half hour just go to grab a bite to eat and I use to make it to Conrad and Hinkles in 5 minutes and back home 10 minutes later lol ooo those was the days. One thing I miss from Lexington is people knowing you by name as you enter their store but Im working on that with people I do buisness with here.

Here are some threads on the city that might interest you.

Huntersville New Construction

Update on Light Rail in Charlotte

Newcomer Photo Guide to Lake Norman and surrounding area

this thread is about huntersville apartments Huntersville

Huntersville - Gilead Village/Ridge

Mooresville or Huntersville?

Huntersville Farmers Market

Harvest Pointe in Huntersville

Lake Norman?

Hunterville vs. Concord

Huntersville Relocater?

Do you like Lake Norman?

relocating to the Lake Norman area

Looking at Huntersville

Monteith Park Here We Come

Once and for all, Huntersville to Charlotte

Beatties Ford area

What is new at exit 23 in Huntersville

Commute Between Huntersville and Charlotte

Is Lake Norman area rolling hills?

Huntersville?

Details on Birkdale Area?

Ok that should keep you busy lol.

I wanted a subdvision that reminded me of Arbor Acres in Lexington where my mom is so I choose Cedarfield the homes most have wooded back yards and alot of them are on about half acre. That is one thing I had to adjust too is small lot sizes but considering my mom's house in lexington it would take me 2.5 hours on riding mower I like these 30 minutes mow jobs with a push mower lol.

If your looking for an area like Twin Acres in Lexington I would look into Wynfield Forest subdvision or Hampton Ridge. I have no quirks with most of them there is alot of new subdivisions so if you dont want a resale you can find a brand new home as well. It a good location and safe location a definite upgrade to quality of life.

I been here about 6 years and love it.

Old 07-01-2007, 07:34 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,276,808 times
Wow! Thanks for the Lexington comparison, SunnyKayak!

I was rather young when we lived in Lexington, but I still remember it. I know what you mean about lot size----ours was huge and much of it was wooded. I like the idea that Huntersville is the modern version of Lexington. I don't like the idea of traffic. Traffic isn't bad here in Pittsburgh.

Since I was young, I don't know the names of any subdivisions in Lexington. I'm not even sure we lived in a subdivision. Our house was near a golf course or country club. The backyard connected to Bob Timberlake's back yard. Mind you, that was in the 60s so lord knows where he lives now. But we used to play with his kids. He built them a playhouse that was an exact replica of the main house. Talk about cool! Actually, I think his kids were the only kids in the area because I don't remember any other kids in the immediate neighborhood. The other kids we knew were a car ride away.

Looking on the map, it must have been the Lexington Golf Club, because I don't remember the hospital, and we didnt live right off main street. But, hey, I was 5 years old so who knows.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:34 PM

543 posts, read 1,828,273 times

Holy Links Sunny, mmb has got a challenge now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte