Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2010, 05:53 AM

6 posts, read 18,669 times

Advertisements

We are moving in apx year or so to Charlotte.

Does anyone know subdivision names that are near either Marvin Ridge HS or Ardrey Kell?

All I know so far are:

Marvin Ridge: Chimneys, The Reserve, Barrington (?)

Ardrey Kell: Piper Glen?

I think Lawson and some others are now at at a different school?

Thanks for any help. Our price range is any where from 250,000 (with modifications) up to 450,000 if we get spicy or new.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 08:21 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,167,413 times
Marvin Ridge: Add Hunter Oaks, Somerset, Providence Acres, Beechwood, Providence Estates, Walden Pond, Marvin Creek, Firethorne, Kingsmead, Weddington Chase, Providence Downs....there are many more, but I think this is a good starting point.

Ardrey Kell: Thornhill, Southampton, Ballantyne Country Club, Blakeney Heath, Raeburn, Landen Meadows, Ellington Park, Ardrey, Polo View, Stone Creek Ranch, Providence Pointe, Bridgehampton...again there are many many others.

Lawson is now assigned to Cuthbertson.

Remember that school assignments can change from year to year.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:20 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,024,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south.charlotte&union View Post
Marvin Ridge: Add Hunter Oaks, Somerset, Providence Acres, Beechwood, Providence Estates, Walden Pond, Marvin Creek, Firethorne, Kingsmead, Weddington Chase, Providence Downs....there are many more, but I think this is a good starting point.

Ardrey Kell: Thornhill, Southampton, Ballantyne Country Club, Blakeney Heath, Raeburn, Landen Meadows, Ellington Park, Ardrey, Polo View, Stone Creek Ranch, Providence Pointe, Bridgehampton...again there are many many others.

Lawson is now assigned to Cuthbertson.

Remember that school assignments can change from year to year.
For Marvin Ridge, in that price range the list is not really that relevant... For the OP's "spicy and new" Marvin Creek (Toll Brothers) or Chimneys (Pulte) could get you something towards the top of the range. Barrington (Shea) will build for you in that price range for sure, but being on the other side of Bonds Grove I worry about future school assignments (going into Cuthbertson maybe). Providence Grove (Ryland) or Providence Glen (Centex/Pulte) I think are just about done, maybe find a lot - although they fall right into the range of the OP on resale so good option.

Firethorne and Kingsmead are out of bounds for sure - way too expensive... Providence Downs would need a distressed property to fall below 500k. Weddington Chase is a head scratcher - John Wieland (which I'm a fan of), but they're just starting to get a bit dated and they're at the very extreme of the MR cluster... although bounded by Weddington so who knows. Any listing that dips below 500k seems to go pretty fast. To me this seems to indicate that you could possibly see mid 400s for the OP in the future.

Walden Pond, Providence Ridge, and Willow Creek are more established and could be towards the top of the range based on lot size... established and mature communities, but no amenities at all.

Providence Acres, Beechwood, and Providence Estates haven't been on my radar so can't really comment on those.

For sure Somerset, Hunter Oaks, and The Reserve are very good resale options. All established and good amenities.

Note my comment are fore Marvin Ridge cluster only - we could discuss Cuthbertson/Union and Ardrey Kell/Meck at length.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:58 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,167,413 times
So true, Mikey, agree at that price point...but saw that Piper Glen on OP's list so that's why included some higher end.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:30 PM

6 posts, read 18,669 times
Wow - Thanks for the great info. I am off to research

Old 07-04-2010, 06:55 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,024,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south.charlotte&union View Post
So true, Mikey, agree at that price point...but saw that Piper Glen on OP's list so that's why included some higher end.
Yeah, I thought so... good advice you gave regardless because it never hurts looking at all price points in an area!!

Thanks for educating me on a couple I can look at now!

Old 07-05-2010, 04:24 PM

996 posts, read 1,896,214 times
I hope you move into a Ardrey Kell-zoned area, AKHS is an excellent Highschool, we were number 2 in CMS at one point.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:46 PM

240 posts, read 731,888 times
Cool Akhs

My daughter will be a Junior at AKHS and she is very happy there.

We live in Southampton Commons which is extremely close to AKHS

Old 07-07-2010, 10:47 PM

996 posts, read 1,896,214 times
Go AKHS! Class of '12!

Old 07-08-2010, 08:32 PM

240 posts, read 731,888 times
Cool agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteNCRepublican View Post
Go AKHS! Class of '12!
That class is going to be one of the best . Lots of motivated and intelligent students who have great college aspirations.

I agree GO AKHS CLASS OF 2012
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: