Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 08:01 AM

42 posts, read 43,089 times

Advertisements

Okay, after reading this post, I am now also looking in Ladson for a townhouse. I found some new and old construction and would love any input regarding these subdivisions: Grand Oaks Preserve, Oakbrook Park, Tranquil Hill Plantation and Creekside Village.

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I'm all over the place, but I think I have narrowed down to Summerville, Goose Creek and Ladson.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 08:21 AM

2,009 posts, read 1,872,393 times
Out of all them ill go with creekside. Nicer area. Resale value will be in your favor to in that area

Old 07-14-2017, 08:39 AM

51 posts, read 69,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSJSAS View Post
I would live there. If it had been in the attendance zone for the high school we wanted, we would have looked at it more closely, or Kings Grant (which is another large subdivision, but older, on the other side of Dorchester Rd.)
I feel like after many of your posts and comments on my posts we are in alignment with housing other than you had to think of schools. I appreciate everyone's input on all my crazy questions. Your input however has been really valuable to me. I think from what you said you did a lot of the same research as me and had similar wants / needs.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:31 AM

727 posts, read 718,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beth727 View Post
I feel like after many of your posts and comments on my posts we are in alignment with housing other than you had to think of schools. I appreciate everyone's input on all my crazy questions. Your input however has been really valuable to me. I think from what you said you did a lot of the same research as me and had similar wants / needs.
Yes, there are some similarities. Our budget wasn't quite as healthy as yours, though! We were school-driven for sure, and had time constraints (needed an address before school started.) I would have held out for a one story and no HOA if we had had time, but none of the ones we looked at were right. Not having to consider schools gives you more choices, but probably makes it more confusing. I would think, though, that being in an area with good schools can't hurt resale.

So, we ended up in a 2 story, in a neighborhood, with a HOA. As I said on some other thread, the way the house is positioned on the lot makes a huge difference. I despise houses with backyards that connect with 5 other backyards and the ones on ponds with houses all around.

These boards were invaluable to me when I was researching. Glad to help where I can.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:55 PM

355 posts, read 391,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflynns View Post
Just got back from a "scouting" trip ourselves (*looking to move from NH next year)

We were really impressed with the Summerville area. Some beautiful areas, rehabbed downtown (has a downtown!), and what appear to be good schools. As we have two small children, schools are important.

Check out GreatSchools.net for good info for comparison purposes
Down town is nice when there is no traffic. With Nexton and all the other developments being built Summerville DwnTwn became a path to all other connecting towns. Really you need to look be very careful of what the traffic will be during the times you will be commuting. You need to look where you will be working . A lot of people say Oh the traffic is bad where I am now , I am used to it or cant be worse. Wow how quick they start complaining about the traffic when they are here. Most areas are nice it is all about what is best for you.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:28 PM

252 posts, read 265,027 times
Downtown Summerville is indeed beautiful. I've been there a grand total of 1 time in the last 18 months (other than passing through) because traffic is ATROCIOUS, likely because everyone and their brother is really impressed with Summerville.

Old 07-29-2017, 10:04 PM

734 posts, read 922,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotstoboiledpenuts View Post
Down town is nice when there is no traffic. With Nexton and all the other developments being built Summerville DwnTwn became a path to all other connecting towns. Really you need to look be very careful of what the traffic will be during the times you will be commuting. You need to look where you will be working . A lot of people say Oh the traffic is bad where I am now , I am used to it or cant be worse. Wow how quick they start complaining about the traffic when they are here. Most areas are nice it is all about what is best for you.
Not me! You want to talk about traffic? Let's talk the traffic around DC metro area. Now that's traffic!!

This place here and around Charleston doesn't even compare to it.

Old 07-30-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb29456 View Post
Not me! You want to talk about traffic? Let's talk the traffic around DC metro area. Now that's traffic!!

This place here and around Charleston doesn't even compare to it.
Truth.

I'm not sure what people are referring to when they say "downtown" Summerville, either. Azalea Center and the part of Main St. just off I26 aren't the downtown. The actual downtown traffic moves smoothly and is a better route from Dorchester Rd to Azalea than the supposed bypass (Berlin Myers.)

There are known congested times in the Azalea/WalMart area of Main St., but unless you have to travel then, the traffic is nothing to complain about. For example: Friday evening 7pm and noon on Monday-- from Dorchester Rd. to Azalea is about 12 minutes. It's 7 miles with multiple stoplights. I wouldn't expect to get there any faster.

Old 07-30-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronee View Post
Okay, after reading this post, I am now also looking in Ladson for a townhouse. I found some new and old construction and would love any input regarding these subdivisions: Grand Oaks Preserve, Oakbrook Park, Tranquil Hill Plantation and Creekside Village.

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I'm all over the place, but I think I have narrowed down to Summerville, Goose Creek and Ladson.

Thanks.
Not sure where you are now with your search, but I found this and thought you might be interested: 313 Springview Ln, Summerville, SC 29485 - realtor.com®

I like the area, and it's convenient to so many daily needs.

Old 07-30-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marysgeo View Post
Hi there, from reading your posts, am wondering do you think Ladson has gotten better since 2008? The commute for my husband is a lot faster than Summerville and the communities we saw were really nice off patriot blvd. I can use any and all input we are not familiar at all with this area. Thanks in advance
This in the news today about one of the developments off Patriot Blvd: North Charleston shooting on Red Maple Circle under investigation | WCIV

I don't know the area well, or know anything more about the incident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area