Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2019, 09:13 AM

15 posts, read 28,488 times

Advertisements

Anyone know what it costs to belong to:

Yeamans Hall
Daniel Island Club
Country Club of Charleston?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 10:21 AM

5,276 posts, read 6,207,341 times
Yeamans Hall is all but impossible to join.

Last I heard initiation at Charleston Country Club was 75k. Not sure what dues and required annual spending are but I am under the impression they are steep.

Not sure about DI.

You might also want to look at Bills Bay (Awendaw/Mt Pleasant) or Briar's Creek if that is the tier of club you prefer.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:16 AM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times
Yeamans and CCofC are old money and without knowing who is who there, you will not get in. They are the only 2 member owned clubs in the area. Yeamans did have an off season playing only membership but I forgot the details.

Of the 3, DI is the only one that a newbie could get into. They have 2 courses. One strictly for Members, the other one not so much. They were having an issue a few years back. Their initiation ($25K??) was refundable but it turns out only if 3 more people joined. As I understand it, very few were getting their initiation back. A lot of new money there so the people can be pretentious (as many DI residents are) and they come and go fast depending on their yearly income.

Bulls Bay is great place, nice course, and generally available if you have the initiation. Last I heard it was $25K. I know nothing about Briar's Creek and I am not sure it is private but I could well be wrong.

There is one private club you did not mention Snee Farm. A solid group of friendly members covering all spectrums. Solid owner/management team. If you live in Snee Farm, you can own your own golf cart and pay the club a yearly trail fee. Great for a golfer that plays 2 or more times a week. They also own Rivertowne CC which is open to the public but Snee Farm members get some kind of break when they play there.

Dunes West, Charleston National, and Wild Dunes (2 courses) are very nice courses. While open to the public, they both have a Members Inner-Club. Not sure how it operates.

Old 09-24-2019, 08:00 PM

52 posts, read 92,145 times
I think Daniels Island is $80k but refundable.

Old 09-25-2019, 11:05 AM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95whipstick View Post
I think Daniels Island is $80k but refundable.
As I said earlier. The last I knew (2002) was it was refundable when 3 more members joined so many were still waiting for it. Let us say 10 members drop out and you are the 10th. This means 30 must join.

As I said, my info is not up to date but ask them if interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
View detailed profiles of: