Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 07:08 AM

403 posts, read 937,444 times

Advertisements

I heard today about the fine on IOP if you leave up sandcastles and don't fill in holes. That kinda fits with this area. In my opinion, this is about vanity and having the "perfect" beach and less about making it safe for turtles and people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2008, 08:42 AM

1,710 posts, read 5,690,218 times
I really don't see how they will be able to police it. But I totally understand the point. Once the tide comes in it is kinda dangerous having those holes around. I've stepped in many of them over the year's.

I would actually rather see them police the litter bugs, especially the smoker's that dig a hole in the sand to put there butts then cover it up when they leave.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:29 AM

1,294 posts, read 6,492,397 times
haha - bless your heart is my favorite!! it makes people irrate b/c they can't say anything back. "well, bless your heart" hahaha!

Old 04-02-2008, 11:20 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,006,792 times
This reminds me:

Mt. Pleasant...not so pleasant?-mtp-barbie.jpg

Mt. Pleasant Barbie
This Barbie comes with your choice of BMW convertible or Hummer H2. Included are her Starbucks cup, credit card and country club membership. Also available for this set are Shallow Ken and Private School Skipper.

You won't be able to afford any of them.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:28 AM

58 posts, read 234,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
This reminds me:

Attachment 17322

Mt. Pleasant Barbie
This Barbie comes with your choice of BMW convertible or Hummer H2. Included are her Starbucks cup, credit card and country club membership. Also available for this set are Shallow Ken and Private School Skipper.

You won't be able to afford any of them.
Is a Mercedes convertible an option as well? Don't forget the overly large sunglasses and optional display stick! (Take a guess where it goes!)

Old 04-02-2008, 05:02 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,777,545 times
Ya'll are hilarious!

As for Whole Foods...I MUCH prefer EarthFare in South Windermere. But I also still go to Publix and "The Pig" (yes, it's a Southern thang)! LOL

Old 04-02-2008, 05:59 PM

403 posts, read 937,444 times
You guys are great! Thanks for making me laugh and making me feel better about the situation. I know that people should not intimidate me but I swear sometimes I feel like people are looking at me saying "what is SHE doing in OUR neighborhood!"

Old 04-02-2008, 06:20 PM

5 posts, read 20,049 times
IOP city council did not do a good job of coming up with a plan to deal with these problems. Plus how it was portrayed in the press made it sound worse than it is (I think). But if they have a problem with small sandcastles that kids make, then I am mistaken.

The valid issue is people coming to the beach with normal shovels (not the toy plastic ones) and digging huge holes. I see this all the time and not filling those in could cause problems. The other issue is people leaving the huge tents and chairs out over night. I don't know if this would cause a turtle to turn back, but it does look trashy and people should clean up after themselves to keep the beach nice.

Instead of fining people, they should just work with the rental companies to educate everyone. Plus the beach patrol could educate as well.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:38 PM

40 posts, read 124,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molliemei View Post
Is a Mercedes convertible an option as well? Don't forget the overly large sunglasses and optional display stick! (Take a guess where it goes!)
How will I fit in with my 67 olds 442 convertable. I don't see any classic old cars when I go down there.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:46 PM

37 posts, read 196,647 times
Every time I run into someone rude, I just tell my wife "must be from New York!" I don't think you'll find any place on the planet that doesn't have a few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area