Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2007, 07:41 PM

413 posts, read 1,370,030 times

Advertisements

I was looking at a website about a place called I believe Charleston Place Shops. It was a mall and it looked like a highend one at that. There was a store there called The Orient Express Boutique. I have a friend who loves the Orient Express train and thought they might be place that sells Orient Express souveniers etc. Has anyone ever gone into this store? If you have, can you give me an idea of what they carry. I hope it isn't another clothing store.

Also what is the best mall in the Charleston area. I like malls that have more than just clothing stores. Thanks for any help. I am continuing lining up my research for my move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2007, 07:55 PM

2,527 posts, read 8,026,533 times
The larger malls in the Charleston area are Citadel Mall in West Ashley, Northwoods Mall in North Charleston, the Tanger Outlet Center in North Charleston, and the Towne Center in Mount Pleasant. I prefer shopping at Towne Center and along King Street downtown, also The Shops at Charleston Place, I think they're the best, hand's down. Towne Center is more of a grouping of stores with outside entrances than a internal mall, but it's well-designed, and problem-free.

The Orient Express store actually sells "Fine Gifts and Fashion Accessories from the Venice-Simplon Orient-Express Collection, Jewelry, Leather Goods, Novelty and Sundries", though I don't particularly remember too much to do with the train itself. I'll have to revisit.

Old 09-15-2007, 01:37 AM

330 posts, read 1,198,051 times
My family and I recently stayed at the Charleston Place Hotel (it's part of the Orient-Express Hotel and Train family) and so I remember the shop that you are speaking about because it was located right off the lobby. I remember many things such as jewelry boxes, scarves, jewelry, leather articles, a lot with the Orient Express logo. Very high end and beautiful. It was not a "clothing" store at all. I think you may find something nice for your friend there.

I have to admit I window shopped mostly, it looked much too expensive for me and if I was going to spend that kind of money, it was going to be a few stores away at Gucci!

And no, I didn't end up buying anything there either. Not after I saw our hotel bill.

Old 09-17-2007, 02:26 AM

899 posts, read 3,493,945 times
Imperieux is right about the location and the selection. The shops are in the extended walkway within the Charleston Place Hotel. One of the finest hotels we have here and priced accordingly. There is a high-end afternoon tea that, I'm told, is one of the best in Charleston. I have given that as a gift to customers.

The shops aren't really a mall. Although they flow nicely from Meeting Street to the Market, they are a group of, I guess about twenty-five, smaller boutique stores in a very nice indoor setting. Mostly gift and clothing. All top shelf. Orient-Express is one I try to steer my wife away from by pointing out Godiva. There are certainly Orient-Express logo items.

I'm there at least monthly, as I use it as a short-cut between Meeting Street and the Market on hot days. More so when my wife isn't with me!

Old 09-22-2007, 09:10 PM

413 posts, read 1,370,030 times
Thank you all for the comments. I may start playing the lottery so I can move up my moving date. Two years seem like forever. Can this city getting anymore exciting, I can't wait.

Jim from your description the Orient Express store is one of those that if you need to ask the price you can't afford it.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:37 AM

899 posts, read 3,493,945 times
Play That Lottery!

Then you can move down two stores to Gucci.

Two years will FLY by, heck, that's only five blizzards...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area