Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 03:35 PM

1 posts, read 8,564 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of moving to one in either NC, SC, or GA. If you are currently living or have lived in any of these communities, can you let us know what you think? What are the extra costs? Approx maintenance? How is it dealing with the Del Webb sales staff? Are there a lot of extra costs? Do they get things done in a timely fashion? Is it difficult moving in to a community that is still under construction? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 07:02 AM

174 posts, read 652,727 times
Smile DelWebb

I have started a thread on Del Webb/Charleston. It's on page 3 under Stella2 We are moving there Dec/07 when our house will be finished. We were part of the VIP in April. Made 2 trips there and just loved the area. The staff was just great...very helpful and took care of all of our needs. We are moving from Cape Cod, MA. If you are interested I can give you the name of a rep whom we have and is just great. I'm sure she can answer all your questions. I probably can also.

The area has so many lots that are private(either a lagoon or bern in back) We were the 9th to buy there and have no reservations about the construction. We have seen many DelWebb communities and was just waiting for the right location. Pulte Homes(the builders) is one of the largest builders in US and are all over. They build here in MA.

Our house is on the market, so just waiting for it jto sell, then we're of to SC.
By the way, Summerville(the town where DelWebb s building) is beautiful...20 minutes to downtown Charleston...35 minutes to the ocean.

Don't forget to look up my thread..There are pictures

Old 08-20-2007, 07:04 AM

Smile DelWebb

I have started a thread on Del Webb/Charleston. It's on page 3 under Stella2 We are moving there Dec/07 when our house will be finished. We were part of the VIP in April. Made 2 trips there and just loved the area. The staff was just great...very helpful and took care of all of our needs. We are moving from Cape Cod, MA. If you are interested I can give you the name of a rep whom we have and is just great. I'm sure she can answer all your questions. I probably can also.

The area has so many lots that are private(either a lagoon or bern in back) We were the 9th to buy there and have no reservations about the construction. We have seen many DelWebb communities and was just waiting for the right location. Pulte Homes(the builders) is one of the largest builders in US and are all over. They build here in MA.

Our house is on the market, so just waiting for it jto sell, then we're of to SC.
By the way, Summerville(the town where DelWebb s building) is beautiful...20 minutes to downtown Charleston...35 minutes to the ocean.

Don't forget to look up my thread..There are pictures

Old 08-20-2007, 03:10 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,780,095 times
The Del Webb community will make an excellent option for retirees and the homes are relatively inexpensive compared with homes closer to Charleston. However, keep in mind that driving time from Del Webb to the Charleston Historic District will probably be about 50 minutes+ during non rush hour and about an hour to the Isle of Palms Beach. However, for many living in other areas of the country, not too far a distance to get to the beach and to a great historic city with shopping, restaurants and culture.

Old 08-21-2007, 06:08 AM

Default DelWebb

We timed both the downtown district and the Palms from exit 205 on 26(we stayed there for a week. It was 20 minutes to downtown9we parked at the visitor's center and walked to the Battery) and 25-30 minutes to the Palms. Del Webb is at exit 209(and I think there's an exit before that we can take..but haven't tried it). So, I think you can add about 15 min(the most). We timed the Northwood Mall from DelWebb, the airport. All within 30 minutes. I didn't want to be too far from the ocean, so we timed it. Have you ever tried timing the distance from Summerville?

Old 08-21-2007, 07:43 AM

1,125 posts, read 3,780,095 times
Default Del Webb Driving time to beach

I have not timed the drive, but according to Yahoo maps, the Isle of Palms is about 35 miles from the vicinity of the Del Web entrance. Keep in mind that exit 205 where you stayed is a good bit closer to the Airport, beach and downtown than the Del Webb Community. I am sure that some member of this forum who lives near Del Webb and who has timed the drive to the beach can give a "real life" driving time figure.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:54 AM

2,527 posts, read 8,025,999 times
From Ladson/Summerville I could be in downtown Charleston inside 25 minutes. From DT Charleston to Folly Beach was another 15-20, to Sullivan's Island or Isle of Palms was roughly another 15. Anyway you slice it, from Summerville to the beach would be 40 minutes or less so long as you didn't get stuck in traffic.

Traffic, more than distance, was the deciding factor.

Old 08-22-2007, 06:05 AM

Default Driving to the Palms

What about taking route 529(?) around to the Palms. That's the road we took when we were there. I do think you're right about the distance. Either way, it's still a good location to have downtown and the beaches within driving distance. Don't think there is a DelWebb community as close to all this. Would not be moving there if they didn't have all three (downtown, beaches and Del webb). Thanks for the input.

Old 08-22-2007, 06:32 AM

2,527 posts, read 8,025,999 times
Yes, you'd absolutely take 526 to IOP instead of going downtown. It'd probably take another 10 minutes off your time, and is a much better route for that beach.

Old 08-24-2007, 06:47 AM

Default Exit 203

Do you know if exit 203 goes to Rt 17A? According to the map, it goes to RT 17A just before the intersection 17A & 176. It would save time to get on 26 instead of going all the way to exit 199, then 26. Also is there a ramp for 203 on both sides?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area