Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2010, 04:20 PM

127 posts, read 424,243 times

Advertisements

Hey All,

We are hoping to move to the Charleston area from Knoxville Tennessee for a residency. We have a 3 year old and a dog. We have always ended up living in areas that are more artistic; areas with personality, (i.e. No Homeowners Associations, Cookie cutter homes, etc.) but we are open to living anywhere that is nice and safe (and preferably by the coast). I was hoping that I could get some advice on what areas are safe/not safe and are family friendly areas with good preschools. I would be working at the Medical University of South Carolina and hope for an easy commute. Any and all info about any areas would be greatly appreciated.

We would be looking for a home to rent
(2bd/2ba at least) for $1000 or less per month, is this feasible? My husband has experience in personal training, management, and serving, are people hiring in these areas?

Many thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 11:24 PM

131 posts, read 348,724 times
I would suggest the West Ashley, James Island area There is another recent thread actually with someone moving to Charleston because of MUSC.
At MUSC, on the poster boards near the caf you will find places for rent and that people are subletting. Maybe you might want to see if one of your contacts there might let you know

Old 02-08-2011, 04:13 PM

10 posts, read 9,725 times
Hey DCSTUDENT,
My husband and I might be relocating for his residency as well. I am currently expecting a child and we also have a dog. How did the move go for you? What areas would you recommend?
Thanks so much,
Alyson

Old 02-08-2011, 04:19 PM

127 posts, read 424,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyson80 View Post
Hey DCSTUDENT,
My husband and I might be relocating for his residency as well. I am currently expecting a child and we also have a dog. How did the move go for you? What areas would you recommend?
Thanks so much,
Alyson

Alyson, We ended up going with a different site for my residency, so we won't be moving to Charleston after all. We are going to San Diego. Good luck on your move though.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:18 PM

2 posts, read 3,973 times
Park West and Dunes West in Mount Pleasant have some of the great schools. Look up the South Carolina school report cards and you will see that the two excellent school districts around here are Summerville and Mount Pleasant. If you will be working at MUSC, the commute to and from Summerville traffic wise is terrible. I have no regrets that I chose Mount Pleasant when I moved here. I absolutely love the schools. Folly Beach is a very cool place to live also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area