Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 10:53 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,510,859 times

Advertisements

Have you been reading about Jessica Simpson actually having a coyote grab her dog in its mouth right in front of her and run off with it? I have no doubt that is a very traumatic thing to see or to happen to someone, but she is searching for it, and paying a group to investigate and see if they can find it. There is almost zero chance that poor dog survived. I saw a coyote take down a deer fawn and there was no way that fawn or even its mother was going to stop it from making the kill. It is very sad, I just don't think the poor thing made it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 10:55 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,182,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Have you been reading about Jessica Simpson actually having a coyote grab her dog in its mouth right in front of her and run off with it? I have no doubt that is a very traumatic thing to see or to happen to someone, but she is searching for it, and paying a group to investigate and see if they can find it. There is almost zero chance that poor dog survived. I saw a coyote take down a deer fawn and there was no way that fawn or even its mother was going to stop it from making the kill. It is very sad, I just don't think the poor thing made it.
I'm sad about the entire fiasco. She seemed to really love that pooch and took her everywhere. How the hell can a coyote grab a dog right in front of someone though??

Old 09-17-2009, 05:40 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,696,636 times
I dont know who has ever lived in the valley in california but the coyotes there are pretty bold. A lot of the backyards are large hills where coyotes roam.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:26 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,563,188 times
Quote:

Old 09-17-2009, 08:36 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,335,866 times
the dingo ate your baby!

Old 09-17-2009, 09:59 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,998,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I dont know who has ever lived in the valley in california but the coyotes there are pretty bold. A lot of the backyards are large hills where coyotes roam.
I think she was out with her dog on the trails at the end of Reseda blvd in Encino. I go there often for trail running and see coyotes there all the time. The most bold ones Ive seen are the ones in Calabasas.

Her poor dog is already poop on the trails by now.

Old 09-17-2009, 04:25 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,563,188 times
Be glad it didn't come for Jessica.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:16 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,510,859 times
Coyotes are very brazen. The one that attacked that fawn was literally right in front of my front yard. It is common for them to kill cats and dogs at peoples homes. They even send in female coyotes in heat to lure male dogs away from the home to better be able to get it. They are evil little creatures.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:36 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,998,768 times
Quote:
Coyotes are very brazen. The one that attacked that fawn was literally right in front of my front yard. It is common for them to kill cats and dogs at peoples homes. They even send in female coyotes in heat to lure male dogs away from the home to better be able to get it. They are evil little creatures.
I saw what I consider to be GIANT coyotes at Knapp Ranch Park here in Woodland Hills near Calabasas. At first, I thought someone was out walking their Siberian Huskies then I realized it was a pack (about 5) of coyotes. These things were huge. If those 5 coyotes met 5 pit bulls it would still be a mismatch. Thats where I thought Jessica Simpson would have been with her dog since I know she lives(ed) in Calabasas.

That poor little dog.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:02 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,164,183 times
I really feel for her on this - the thought of a coyote eating one of my pets/family members is horrifying. Thinking that they suffered and were so frightened while being eaten is just too much - I doubt I'd ever fully recover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities