Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2009, 05:21 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,352,178 times

Advertisements

Why does everyone care so much about what celebrities are doing?

I for one think that they are great actors or actresses, singers or whatever they are...but I could care less what they are wearing, who they are dating, who got married and divorced, who has a purse dog...or what not.

But really...all an actor does it lie...no really...if you can lie...you can act.

Singing...well some people can some people cant...but that doesnt stop either from getting a record deal does it.

Comedians...sure they make you laugh, but again anyone could do this...all you have to do is tell a story and put a funny twist on it.

So I ask those that care...why do you care?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 06:44 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,469,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Why does everyone care so much about what celebrities are doing?

I for one think that they are great actors or actresses, singers or whatever they are...but I could care less what they are wearing, who they are dating, who got married and divorced, who has a purse dog...or what not.

But really...all an actor does it lie...no really...if you can lie...you can act. No, really, you can't. So, there's really no difference between a Laurence Olivier and a Steven Seagal-type character in your opinion????

Singing...well some people can some people cant...but that doesnt stop either from getting a record deal does it. No, it doesn't. Blame the producers for bad singers and their public relations firms for making them a star.

Comedians...sure they make you laugh, but again anyone could do this...all you have to do is tell a story and put a funny twist on it. Again, you don't think timing or the ability to read the mood of an audience has anything to do with it? Can just anyone tell a joke or control an audience as well as a Red Skelton or David Letterman? It's not as easy as it looks. (And that's part of the talent, to make it look easy)

So I ask those that care...why do you care?
I don't think anyone truthfully cares about what celebrities wear, read or who they sleep with. I don't. I care about their professionalism and their innate or trained ability to entertain people. Like you said, some are good & some aren't.

Maybe the interest is a diversion from day-to-day concerns? It lightens peoples' moods (if they are not too critical). We can discuss or enjoy something we have in common. Maybe it's the social factor of belonging to something greater... Could be that it's fun, too.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities