Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 04:46 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,476,584 times

Advertisements

What are some over rated celebs? Which ones do you always hear about but don't seem too great?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 06:14 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,465,073 times
The 12 Least Bankable Hollywood Actors

Old 06-08-2009, 06:58 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,321,246 times
Kevin Costner. I have never seen a movie where I actually thought his acting was good except for one. Bull Durham. It may be that I just enjoyed the movie so much that I have cut him some slack. I really don't know. He strikes me as mechanical. Robotic. As an actor he is nothing to write home about. Heck, they even cut his scenes in The Big Chill. Of course, he was dead in that movie but who could have told the difference, anyway?

Old 06-08-2009, 11:23 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
The whole "speidi" thing.

spencer whoever - be gone already I don't get the reality "stars" who have so much ego to think they actually did something talented to be celebs!

they have to go down the dish disposal NOW!

Old 06-09-2009, 01:41 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
OMG---soooooooo true!!! LOL@ The Big Chill reference. Since that's my fav movie of all time, I'm delighted he was in it--dead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Kevin Costner. I have never seen a movie where I actually thought his acting was good except for one. Bull Durham. It may be that I just enjoyed the movie so much that I have cut him some slack. I really don't know. He strikes me as mechanical. Robotic. As an actor he is nothing to write home about. Heck, they even cut his scenes in The Big Chill. Of course, he was dead in that movie but who could have told the difference, anyway?

Old 06-09-2009, 02:13 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,306,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Agree. BUT, I may be the odd one out here but I did enjoy his work in "The Bodyguard"

Old 06-09-2009, 04:33 PM

621 posts, read 3,206,094 times
Kristen Stewart. Every since Twilight came out, a lot of people rave about her acting skills. I think she is one of the worst actresses I have ever seen. If she's not manically blinking her eyes she's shaking her head back and forth...I'm assuming to "show" emotion. She's just awful.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:09 AM

648 posts, read 1,641,443 times
Paris Hilton and Britney Spears.. I'm so sick of every time I turn around hearing about these dumb chicks did something else stupid.. lol

Old 06-10-2009, 11:20 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,739,120 times
Most of them. Hilton, Spears, Angelina and Brad. Compare to others far superior: DeNiro, Pacino, Hopkins, etc. I mean, what do these first really have to offer? Too much publicity over nothing. They start believing they are what the media says they are and then wonder why their lives are screwed up. The last three actors are fortunate that the media's eye is not upon them.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:45 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
DeNiro, Pacino and Hopkins have class. That can't be bought and is something Brangelina will never have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
Most of them. Hilton, Spears, Angelina and Brad. Compare to others far superior: DeNiro, Pacino, Hopkins, etc. I mean, what do these first really have to offer? Too much publicity over nothing. They start believing they are what the media says they are and then wonder why their lives are screwed up. The last three actors are fortunate that the media's eye is not upon them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities