Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 05:40 AM

1,434 posts, read 3,967,620 times

Advertisements

Celebrities are too pampered and make way too much money for me to feel sorry for them. Why should I feel sorry for somebody who makes way more money in one month or even one week than I do in a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 09:43 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,018,183 times
No reason to feel sorry for any celebrity in general. I do feel compassion when I hear of one of them losing a child or something non-celebrity like. That affects the human part of them...not the celebrity part. But for the most part...they chose their lives and whatever comes with it.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:40 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,709,841 times
Wow. They're still HUMAN. The celebrity part is simply a facade (for most of them at least). Regardless of how much of they earn, they still have problems, they still have to eat, sleep, love, argue, etc.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:58 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,625,595 times
I would never judge a celebrity until I was in their shoes. It's so easy to do so. Plus, you really don't know what the truth is and what is a lie.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:50 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,632,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinCarl View Post
Sometimes.. but then again they chose that lifestyle... their problem

as for them having a better life them us/mine... I don't agree. I much pretty my quiet, simply life in a beautiful state w/people who love me for ME.. not how much money I have, how much I can give them and what drugs I have LOL

they can have their pathetic lives.
haha, I can't agree at all. I think it's much better to be well known, famous, and rich -- your name will never be forgotten if you're famous enough. Being just an ordinary person is, well, ordinary. Unremarkable. 25 years, 50 years after you die, nobody will even remember you. You'll fade into the sands of time. But if you're famous, your name will always be there, in the history books.

I feel sorry for celebrities who have their privacy invaded on such a regular basis, but it's worth the sacrifice. I mean I feel sorry for some of the younger celebrities, the ones who are 16, 17, even early 20s, having dozens of paparazzi following them, taking pictures of their every move, that's tough. You can't say that's the life they CHOSE. They are artists, or at least trying to be, and they wanted to be stars or singers or whatever. Sure, the paparazzi goes along with that now days, but it doesn't mean they really chose it.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:45 AM

213 posts, read 520,137 times
As a couple of people mentioned above, I feel sorry for them when they are stalked, or the paparazzi chase them down daily, or small mistakes are plastered all over the news and ridiculed.
I wouldn't want that for the world.
Don't think their lives are better because they have more money or stuff - lots of people have lots of stuff but also have privacy. And money doesn't buy peace and happiness, some seem to have good lives, some miserable.

Trouble is, people who seek out fame don't know the negatives until they are already in the thick of it.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:22 PM

726 posts, read 2,268,890 times
I dont personally know any celebs, so my judgment is based on what I see/hear.
We dont really know what they're going through, so I cant say yes or no. But I can say, I dont feel any sympathy when someone gets arrested for a dui or weapon possession.

I can feel sorry for a celeb, that lost a family member.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities