Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 01:28 PM

181 posts, read 631,835 times

Advertisements

I had posted something on this subject on another board but no fedback. I had heard on the Veiw the other day when they were doing hot topics the subject of Jamie Lynn Spears being on the cover of I think Okay Magazine. The thoughts were was this sending teens the right message having this tenn that is what 16-17 on the cover of this mag. Was it glorifying teen pregnancy? I wondered what others thought. I guess in some way because teens are not realistic to celebs anyway that they may think it was cool to have a baby because she did. Teen look at teen celebs and don't understand that they look great because someone makes them look great. Jamie Lynn Spears will have hired help unlike the teen that will try and graduate and work. I just wondered what others thought as I think we are seeing that these celebs and mosels that look like they weight one oz really do impavt teens that buy magazines and watch them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 03:47 PM

743 posts, read 2,068,580 times
Celebration of pregnancy and birth is a facade. Teen girls shouldn't do it because they're too young and it sends a bad message. Adult women shouldn't do it because it robs them of their freedom, and invites criticism of self-esteem, body image, social pressure and other issues they never have to deal with if they weren't knocked up.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:26 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,940,624 times
IMO....It's a tragedy that a 17 yo is a mother. Enough said. Don't be suprised this is the last post b/c no one cares about the Spears family! Sorry but true!

Old 07-10-2008, 04:44 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,741,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_talons View Post
Celebration of pregnancy and birth is a facade. Teen girls shouldn't do it because they're too young and it sends a bad message. Adult women shouldn't do it because it robs them of their freedom, and invites criticism of self-esteem, body image, social pressure and other issues they never have to deal with if they weren't knocked up.
What are you talking about? You had me until your schpeel about adult women ...

Old 07-10-2008, 05:47 PM

The post isn't about the Spears family as I too could care lessa but the Hollywood idea that young teen are watching that send a message that they are people to look like, act . like and be like. The post was about should this celeb who is a teen Mom be on a cover of a magizine with her newborn as if this is a great thing being a teen Mom.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:33 PM

7,913 posts, read 933,370 times
Her mom sold her to the magazine.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:54 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,168,808 times
well of course she did. We knew she would. Right? Raise your hands if you think she is going to allow Jamie to marry a laborer from McComb, Ms

Quote:
Originally Posted by 109* View Post
Her mom sold her to the magazine.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:38 PM

7,913 posts, read 933,370 times
shes probly gonna take the baby so she can use all her daughters money.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:30 AM

439 posts, read 1,232,772 times
I am in no means saying teen pregnancy is a good thing, but in her case atleast her daughter is going to be in a better place because they have money. It isnt like a mom who lives in poverty and cant afford to properly take care of their child.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:00 PM

That is my point. To young girls there she is on the cover of this Magazine , hair done looking great. I see no reason that would be of any value to anyone to see her on this cover with her baby, except for money. Which is what many are saying that young stars do have some responsibity to the young girls watching. If she had a baby then so what but to me being on a cover of a magazine with the baby makes young teen Mother hood look very different than what is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities