Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2023, 04:18 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
What kind of bacterial infection would require the need for intubation..
Sepsis?

Old 07-02-2023, 04:19 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Feeling better. Discharged home 3 days ago.
And yes, it looks like she probably had sepsis.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66058349

Old 07-02-2023, 04:21 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Thanks. I would assume that you would have a period of feeling absolutely horrible before septic shock sinks in - chills, vomiting, pain, loss of appetite - not walking around an exhibit the day before.

One of our senior dogs developed a dental related infection and she was very sick - weak in the hindquarters, loss of appetite, choosing to go into her crate instead of snuggling with us or her sister dog - just not acting like herself at all. She had no fever.

We got her to the vet ASAP. Turned out the dental infection had taxed her immune system. After a course of treatment with antibiotics and steroids she was running around like a young pup. The vet pronounced her a "very strong" senior and, indeed, she looks young for her age.

I'm not saying that human beings are the same as their canine companions are but it would surprise me for someone to go into septic shock as quickly as Madonna did unless there was a recent liposuction or some other intrusive surgical procedure.

Old 07-02-2023, 04:30 PM

6,968 posts, read 4,809,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
I disagree she was great in the 80's. My opinion of her then and now is she was a skank. My daughter, age 7 at the time, received a CD with "Like a Virgin" and "Papa Don't Preach" on it as a Christmas from her 17 yo cousin, who BTW went on to be a pole dancer in a men's club, and I refused to let her keep it. Madonna was not a role model for young girls then or now, IMO.
Yeah, she always looked dirty to me. Like unwashed dirty. Like she hadn’t washed her greasy face in a week. Blech.
I do like a couple of her songs.

Old 07-02-2023, 06:57 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Thanks. I would assume that you would have a period of feeling absolutely horrible before septic shock sinks in - chills, vomiting, pain, loss of appetite - not walking around an exhibit the day before.

One of our senior dogs developed a dental related infection and she was very sick - weak in the hindquarters, loss of appetite, choosing to go into her crate instead of snuggling with us or her sister dog - just not acting like herself at all. She had no fever.

We got her to the vet ASAP. Turned out the dental infection had taxed her immune system. After a course of treatment with antibiotics and steroids she was running around like a young pup. The vet pronounced her a "very strong" senior and, indeed, she looks young for her age.

I'm not saying that human beings are the same as their canine companions are but it would surprise me for someone to go into septic shock as quickly as Madonna did unless there was a recent liposuction or some other intrusive surgical procedure.
She had had a low grade fever for about a month. More details here.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ushed-ICU.html

Old 07-02-2023, 07:27 PM

1,824 posts, read 794,851 times
I'm not a fan of her music. My Madonna memory is coming home from classes & hearing my neighbor's little 5 y.o. twin girls singing "Like A Virgin", and thinking to myself, hmmm, that's not good!

However, I admire her business acumen, her ability to build an empire, and not back down. I admire that she has adopted several children, when she could have called it a day after having 2 biological children.

Sepsis can happen very quickly. I was so healthy that I didn't even own a thermometer. On a Sunday, I was visiting friends, then got body aches & chills so left early & went to bed. On Monday, I stayed in bed thinking I had the flu. On Tuesday I felt worse & spouse bought a thermometer. When the thermometer hit 105F & kept going, I went to ER & learned I had sepsis due to a kidney stone lodged in the ureter, causing a infection. I was told that if I had waited even a few hours longer, that I would have gone into septic shock. So, it happens. I hope she will be OK.

Old 07-02-2023, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
She had had a low grade fever for about a month. More details here.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ushed-ICU.html
Yes. I guess my question is do people go from being able to walk around a museum to being septic the next day?

Old 07-02-2023, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWorth View Post
I'm not a fan of her music. My Madonna memory is coming home from classes & hearing my neighbor's little 5 y.o. twin girls singing "Like A Virgin", and thinking to myself, hmmm, that's not good!

However, I admire her business acumen, her ability to build an empire, and not back down. I admire that she has adopted several children, when she could have called it a day after having 2 biological children.

Sepsis can happen very quickly. I was so healthy that I didn't even own a thermometer. On a Sunday, I was visiting friends, then got body aches & chills so left early & went to bed. On Monday, I stayed in bed thinking I had the flu. On Tuesday I felt worse & spouse bought a thermometer. When the thermometer hit 105F & kept going, I went to ER & learned I had sepsis due to a kidney stone lodged in the ureter, causing a infection. I was told that if I had waited even a few hours longer, that I would have gone into septic shock. So, it happens. I hope she will be OK.
This sounds like a normal progression to me. I'm glad that you got treatment in time. When things get bad, even a few hours can make a difference.

Old 07-02-2023, 08:50 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
Woah. Sepsis is serious. Very serious. I'm glad she's okay.
Sepsis is no joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities