Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2021, 11:52 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,336,150 times

Advertisements

As Lou Diamond Phillips is making the rounds for season 2 of Prodigal Son and Carme Electra is promoting something new it got me to wondering... who are the actors out their whose race is not well known.

For Example:
Lou Diamond Phillips is typecast as hispanic(latino) but he's actually Filipino and Native American.
Carmen Electra has been assumed latina but she's white.
Wentworth Miller (Prison Break) is black and white
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2021, 12:28 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,878,376 times
Mark-Paul Gosselaar is assumed to be white, but his mom is part-Indonesian and looks Asian.

Hailee Steinfeld has Filipino and African-American ancestry from a grandparent and looks a little ambiguous to me at least.

Miranda Cosgrove basically is white, but her reported 1/8th Mexican ancestry or luck makes her look somewhat racially ambiguous.

Vin Diesel is a "person of color," but he might not know his father's ancestry. He's probably the biggest secret out there.

Old 01-15-2021, 01:08 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,336,150 times
Lynda Carter - half Mexican

Old 01-16-2021, 10:52 AM

Emilio Estevez isn't Latin-American at all. He has a little Spanish ancestry from Martin Sheen (whose legal name is Ramón Estévez), also a white person by any measure.

Vanessa Hudgens doesn't have the Latin-American genes I think her appearance conveys. "Her father, who died of cancer in February 2016, was of Irish, French and Native American descent, and her mother, a native of Manila, Philippines." Although the mom does have some Spanish colonial ancestry.

Old 01-18-2021, 02:49 PM

6,341 posts, read 4,898,571 times
Merle Oberon - born in India to an India mother and Anglo father.

Carol Channing - black paternal grandmother.

John Gavin - Irish and Mexican ancestry.

Raquel Welch - Bolivian father and white mother.

Wentworth Miller - black father and white mother.

Rashida Jones - father is Quincy Jones, mother is Peggy Lipton.

Maya Rudolf - black mother and Jewish father.

Jennifer Beals - black father and Irish mother.

Old 01-19-2021, 12:30 AM

Jennifer Beals is a very good example. Some of the others look just as their well-known backgrounds suggest.

Here is another one:
Bruce Lee - white ancestry on his mom's side

More...
Jasmine Guy - black and the mysterious other part is Portuguese-American, whatever that means.
Salma Hayek, Zoey Saldana, and Jenna Dewan have Lebanese ancestry.

Last edited by goodheathen; 01-19-2021 at 01:01 AM..

Old 01-19-2021, 05:03 AM

1,014 posts, read 479,433 times
Is Lou Diamond Phillips really that dark or light color skin? Or does he wear make up on set? I never did see him in person. Stand and deliver was the show i saw him on. He was a misfit turned to a math whiz. I learned or picked up some spanish likings watching this show. "Seguro?" The lady talking on the phone with him. She was asking if he had any insurance. It means security or safety. Espanol.

Old 01-20-2021, 01:29 PM

26,721 posts, read 26,793,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyCable View Post
Is Lou Diamond Phillips really that dark or light color skin? Or does he wear make up on set? I never did see him in person.
According to this article, "Lou Diamond Phillips, who was born in the Philippines, describes his ethnic background as Filipino, Hawaiian, Chinese, Hispanic, Scotch-Irish, and Cherokee Indian."

https://www.nytimes.com/1987/08/14/m...rokee%20Indian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyCable View Post
Stand and deliver was the show i saw him on. He was a misfit turned to a math whiz. I learned or picked up some spanish likings watching this show...
I first remember seeing him when he played Ritchie Valens (Richard Valenzuela) in "La Bamba."

Old 01-20-2021, 03:19 PM

2,568 posts, read 2,518,088 times
Who cares.

Old 01-22-2021, 03:29 AM

1,014 posts, read 479,433 times
I could count Barak Obama in this category. I could also count Al Davis, the 7-0 basketball guy. Although I don't think he would like it if people commented on why he concentrates himself on keeping only his face to be white. I think he has a viral infection. That is why he stays indoors. Did you notice that about certain NBA players? They are racially motivated to become white. Not bad. Not all anyway are this way. It's a fashion thing. I think it makes a statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities