Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 10:15 PM

335 posts, read 1,533,462 times

Advertisements

I check up on Britney all the time. Sometimes I wonder, why am I so obsessed with her? Why do I care?

I guess it's her shopping sprees. It would be my dream to go into a store and be able to have whatever I wanted. She gets to do it all the time.

And yet, she takes it all for granted.

Anybody else? Why are YOU so focused on Britney? What is it about her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 12:32 AM

45 posts, read 104,190 times
just because of the skillful PR, that's all...

Old 02-25-2008, 12:50 AM

6 posts, read 8,546 times
The media has programmed us to watch her insted of paying attension to the real issues.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by us citizen View Post
The media has programmed us to watch her insted of paying attension to the real issues.
Are you sure? I feel like there is more too it than that.

I lead a boring life. I'm in debt. I have to buy my clothes at sales and second hand stores. I dream of having more. And then I look at some celebrity who has it all. It's like a fantasy for me.

Britney Spears is like Real-world TV. We watch her every move.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:55 AM

170 posts, read 477,230 times
I'm just amazed how K-fed was a poor joe, married britney, divorced her, made a quick come-up by taking a nice chunk of money, and even taking the kids. I'm just taking notes incase I want to make a fast few grand.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:55 AM

947 posts, read 3,139,143 times
I don't know if it's her in general or if it's watching someone who has risen soo high fall so low. If this happened to any other movie, music star I think people would be watching it the same way. When someone goes off the deep end we normally don't see it happening. With her we see it happening before our eyes. It's sad and it's tragic. At the end of the day I always say she is still someones mother, sister, daughter... I wish someone had the sense to pull her away to an island some where, where she could get some help. But since she is an adult and a rich one at that, forcing her would be hard to do.

Someone posted a rolling stones article that was interesting to read. Substance abuse and mental illness run in her family. It's a sad thing.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Red View Post
Someone posted a rolling stones article that was interesting to read. Substance abuse and mental illness run in her family. It's a sad thing.
That was me who posted it. Great article, I thought.

Old 02-25-2008, 12:18 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,031 times
I dont give a rats a** about Britney! Never thought she had a nickels worth of talent and certainly wouldnt turn to her for her views on world events!

Old 02-25-2008, 12:47 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,380,171 times
I always thought Britney was the epitome of what's gone wrong with America's youth and the culture in this country. An ignorant, unattractive, white trash girl with no talent can somehow become a star, rich, and famous. Certainly an indication that this society settles for a helluva lot less than previous generations. Pretty sad and pathetic actually, the decline and dummying down of American culture.

I'm with those who are always on the lookout for this incredibly low class figure to fall on her face and disappear.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:35 PM

38 posts, read 145,948 times
Default Brit

I think America is obsessed with her because she is like the new Michael Jackson. America watched her grow up literally in front of our eyes. She had no privacy and never got to have a childhood. Of course this is what she wanted all her life, but who at 10 years old really knows what they want? She didn't get to have the experiences normal people get to have and that has ruined her. She was given way too much money and power and has been influenced by people who have dollar signs in their eyes and not her best interest at heart. People are really mean to Britney, but people seem to forget that she is a human being-with real problems and perhaps more to deal with than the rest of us. Now granted, she has children now and she should have stopped thinking about herself as soon as she popped one out, but I think that is when she REALLY lost it and her mental illness took over. She realized that she couldn't be selfish anymore and that having kids and a husband wasn't the answer to her problems. So instead of facing that reality and the reality that she has been used and abused by friends and family alike, she decided to just freak out and act as crazy as possible. I don't think what she is doing is right, but can you honestly blame the girl? I mean it's easy to rag on her and say she's trash, but put yourself (at that age!) in her shoes and what do you think you would have done? How would you have reacted? I feel sorry for her more than anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities