Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2014, 03:27 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,992,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bee View Post
Wow, you really are a sad, sorry excuse, aren't you?

Well, there is no logic in having a discussion with a person who shows that they have no capacity for logic.
What problem do you have with my post? Care to articulate your issue with my post? I think most people will agree with my post.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:29 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,565,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Well they must had been very irresponsible parents to let there underage daughter hang out with an adult and take her to places that you have no idea where they are going. Has the parents been more responsible, their daughter would had never been raped in that particular scenario. Again, it all goes back to my point about people making smart decisions and judgement.
And what if she was with a family member who rapes her? Still the parents fault?

Old 12-16-2014, 03:31 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,686,106 times
Quote:
If that were true then where were her parents or guardians? They were okay with their underage daughter going to the playboy mansion with Bill Cosby? Or did Bill Cosby pick her up from her house and told the parents "I'm taking their underage daughter out to hang out with me"??

You have to ask these kinds of questions. You have to question everything.
Read Todd Bridges Autobiography "Killing Willis". He was being molested by his publicist and when he told his father, his father took the publicist side. His parents turned the other way because he was bringing in all the money. Not everyone has protective stand up parents.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
And what if she was with a family member who rapes her? Still the parents fault?
Not all rape situations are the same. Some cases are more complicated then others. As far as we know Bill Cosby wasn't related to the people who are accusing him.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
Read Todd Bridges Autobiography "Killing Willis". He was being molested by his publicist and when he told his father, his father took the publicist side. His parents turned the other way because he was bringing in all the money. Not everyone has protective stand up parents.
I know that but that doesn't mean the parents shouldn't have any blame when it comes to situations like that.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:39 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,701,290 times
Quote:
I know that but that doesn't mean the parents shouldn't have any blame when it comes to situations like that.
Parents should take care of their children. No argument there. But if they don't and the child is assaulted, it is STILL 100% the fault of the rapist. Are you really arguing otherwise?

Old 12-16-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bee View Post
Why then don't YOU ask some questions, why don't YOU stop to think and weigh the situation? Why is it that you are steadfastly victim blaming here, making excuses for a man who you don't know in the face of what is now two dozen women coming forward. Some of these women are very high profile women who have nothing to gain, but could lose their good reputations.

People are convicted of crimes on circumstantial evidence frequently, serious crimes like murder, where these is no physical evidence, no murder weapon, even no body. The circumstantial evidence against Cosby is growing. You are asking for proof of guilt that you know no one can provide.

At this point, I believe that what these women allege to have happened did actually happen, I believe that Bill Cosby got off on the power aspect of it, that simple consensual sex didn't do it for him, that he had to play out some violent fantasy to get off. That his power and fame were enough for him to get away with doing this for decades, that he chose vunerable women, he played on their hopes of getting a break from a famous man, that he took advantage of his fame and fortune to intimidate and shame them into silence.
Maybe but that's debatable as well. On the other hand, he's a celebrity and doesn't need to resort to rape to get sex. If you're famous, there will always be women that will be willing to sleep with you.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Parents should take care of their children. No argument there. But if they don't and the child is assaulted, it is STILL 100% the fault of the rapist. Are you really arguing otherwise?
It's always the rapists fault who commits the rape! That's what I believe but that's not what I'm arguing. What I'm arguing is that there is certainly some blame on the parents if they are putting their child in harms way to be potentially raped. My stance has been pretty clear on that.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:45 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,701,290 times
Quote:
It's always the rapists fault! That's not what I'm arguing. At he same time, there is certainly some blame on the parents if they are putting their child in harms way to be potentially raped. My stance has been pretty clear.
If it's always the rapist's fault (and I obviously agree with you), then how are the parents also to blame? If you're arguing that they have a duty to protect their children and failed in that duty, I can understand that. But that still doesn't shift the responsibility for the actual rape from the rapist.

It certainly doesn't matter even a tiny bit from a legal standpoint.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:51 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,565,694 times
Quote:
Not all rape situations are the same. Some cases are more complicated then others. As far as we know Bill Cosby wasn't related to the people who are accusing him.
Ahhh. I see. You just avoided my question. Nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities