Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 07:39 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,419,953 times

Advertisements

Can this be true that Nikki and Mariah are at it already? Nikki and Mariah did a song together and they seemed to be cool before AI. I'm not really a fan of Nikki but I feel like she should give Mariah respect since Mariah was in the game before Nikki could talk. Nikki took it to a whole different level by cursing and trash talking to Mariah. Of course, Randy is going to be loyal to Mariah but I know Keith is regarding his decision to be in the storm.

Nicki Minaj Cusses Out Mariah Carey During 'American Idol' Audition -- Caught on Video! | TMZ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 11:17 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,319,012 times
Rumor has it that this is all an act, and that they are good friends backstage...

Old 10-03-2012, 12:19 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,061,855 times
I heard about this and I saw the tape on TMZ, I never liked Mariah, but if they can't get along this season will be a fail. I think this should be this show's last season. The voice is kicking their arse in ratings. American Idol is so pre milienium

Old 10-03-2012, 01:33 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,553,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Rumor has it that this is all an act, and that they are good friends backstage...
Of course its an act. AI is hurting for ratings. The show is basically done. I am actually surprised that Mariah would attach herself to a show that is no longer relevant. She has been in the music game for over 20 years. She has nothing to prove. Her legacy is firmly established. Nikki is essentially a gimmick. I cannot take her seriously as an artists. She is all flash and no substance. She is the epitome of what Hip-Hop has descended into.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:36 PM

I personally like Nikki, i find her creative and funny. Now I didnt like that exorcist she did on MTV, that was evil and crossing the line. I have heard she is a switch hitter. I have never liked Mariah she has this narcissitic personality that I dont care for. Her husband Nick Cannon is funny, I dont know how that couple got together

Old 10-03-2012, 04:39 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,372,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I personally like Nikki, i find her creative and funny. Now I didnt like that exorcist she did on MTV, that was evil and crossing the line. I have heard she is a switch hitter. I have never liked Mariah she has this narcissitic personality that I dont care for. Her husband Nick Cannon is funny, I dont know how that couple got together
One thing I never liked about Nikki is that her songs don't seem to be about anything. Its just a bunch of lines that rhyme.
There's this one song that is ALWAYS on the radio here and in one verse she talks about her sign, sherrif badges and dolly partons breast but I have no idea what the song is about.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
One thing I never liked about Nikki is that her songs don't seem to be about anything. Its just a bunch of lines that rhyme.
There's this one song that is ALWAYS on the radio here and in one verse she talks about her sign, sherrif badges and dolly partons breast but I have no idea what the song is about.
i AM NOt sure what song that is, I dont follow her that closely, but she is cute and funny. How she goes from talking normal, than sounding street, then going to sound like a Brit..simply amazing. I read somewhere that her boyfriend slapped her in the face with his suitcase, I think her entourage jumped on him....a day in the life of a hip hop artist

Old 10-04-2012, 03:52 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,326,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
Can this be true that Nikki and Mariah are at it already? Nikki and Mariah did a song together and they seemed to be cool before AI. I'm not really a fan of Nikki but I feel like she should give Mariah respect since Mariah was in the game before Nikki could talk. Nikki took it to a whole different level by cursing and trash talking to Mariah. Of course, Randy is going to be loyal to Mariah but I know Keith is regarding his decision to be in the storm.

Nicki Minaj Cusses Out Mariah Carey During 'American Idol' Audition -- Caught on Video! | TMZ.com
I don't agree with Nicki having to respect her. Multiple sources stated that Mariah kept disrespecting Nicki until she walked off the set, when Nicki came back Mariah kept being disrespectful and that's when Nicki blew up on her, in the video you can hear Nicki yelling "say one more disrespectful thing to me." I don't see why some people are coming down so hard on Nicki when it's clear that Mariah initiated the argument.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:27 PM

550 posts, read 984,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Of course its an act. AI is hurting for ratings. The show is basically done. I am actually surprised that Mariah would attach herself to a show that is no longer relevant. She has been in the music game for over 20 years. She has nothing to prove. Her legacy is firmly established. Nikki is essentially a gimmick. I cannot take her seriously as an artists. She is all flash and no substance. She is the epitome of what Hip-Hop has descended into.

Even though they lost some of the audience/ratings, the show is still relevant. They are still one of the highest rated shows on tv. But yeah I do believe it's for ratings.

Old 10-05-2012, 12:03 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,727,802 times
The problem with people like Nicki is that they are so narcissistic and clueless, it never occurs to them that people like Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Chaka Khan Mary J Blige and the like opened doors in the music industry for the likes of HER, a young black woman trying to get her music heard in venues these women have performed in, and she shows no respect for that, so Mariah, in true diva form, demanded her respect. Go, MARIAH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities