Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 12:50 PM

287 posts, read 1,010,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
When you lose what skill you had as a comedian you move into Don Rickles mode.
Joan Rivers had skill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 08:21 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,481,437 times
Jones = real talent
Rivers = shock jockette

Old 01-23-2011, 12:53 PM

8,311 posts, read 13,444,568 times
I didn't even know she was a comedian once! She is neither charming nor funny! Heck, if she cut her hair short, she could take over the 'Joker' role in the next Batman movie. She won't even need any special effects or make up!

Old 01-23-2011, 01:08 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,175 times
Default "Too Much Gob ! What ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Joan is insane and she gets away with quite a lot!
Booya !!! ...

It truly appears that Joan R. may well be experiencing a serious mental meltdown ! She has been on the ole gobblebox for yonks ! What ?

This bird appears to be about ready to bugger off at last !!!

Cheerio / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 01-23-2011, 01:29 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,216,228 times
I don't follow her but see her around, Graham Norton, the fashion police. She has some really good one liners. She has survived lot of ups and downs. I think she can be funny, I respect her work ethic. She has opinions and unlike other Hollywood celebs is at a point in her career she can say what she thinks and does which does not bother me the least even if I don't always agree. I like that she puts it out there, to many people fawning all over each other, you watch any of those entertainment shows and the reporting is all the same "THE MOST AMAZING, THE MOST TALENTED" they don't say anything about anybody, not Paris Hilton, every movie is wonderful (thanks for that recommendation and the waste of my 10.00) nope its a tight town. I realize some of the delivery is for shock effect but I appreciate the honesty.

Old 01-23-2011, 03:12 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,311,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I don't follow her but see her around, Graham Norton, the fashion police. She has some really good one liners. She has survived lot of ups and downs. I think she can be funny, I respect her work ethic. She has opinions and unlike other Hollywood celebs is at a point in her career she can say what she thinks and does which does not bother me the least even if I don't always agree. I like that she puts it out there, to many people fawning all over each other, you watch any of those entertainment shows and the reporting is all the same "THE MOST AMAZING, THE MOST TALENTED" they don't say anything about anybody, not Paris Hilton, every movie is wonderful (thanks for that recommendation and the waste of my 10.00) nope its a tight town. I realize some of the delivery is for shock effect but I appreciate the honesty.

Opinions are not talent. We all have opinions; she seems to think that being "honest" gives her the right to insult people. That is a poor way to get attention and make people laugh. If you can't be funny without resorting to hatefulness, then, IMO you are not funny.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:55 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,174,310 times
There is a thin line between cutting edge and just plain old vulgar. There are times she has stepped a little too far over that line. But I have to admit, when she is funny.....she is VERY funny. I like her.

If you have a Netflix account, there is a really interesting Biography on her in the documentary section. I watched it awhile back. She is really a work-a-holic and has amazing stamina for a 75 year old. I do plan on giving her new reality show a try.

I also like Tommy L Jones as an actor....but it isn't the first time someone has commented on what an a$$clown he is in real life.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:01 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Joan Rivers is just a friend-making machine this week, right? She got herself dumped from FOX News after saying critics were right to blame Sarah Palin for the Tucson tragedy, and then she announced to me that she regretted ever voting for Sarah's "terrible daughter" Bristol on 'Dancing With the Stars.' "I should've voted for David Hasselhoff. They both sucked as dancers."

Joan Rivers on Tommy Lee Jones: 'He Makes Hitler Look Warm and Fuzzy' | PopEater.com
She probably does not like him because he would not "suck up" to her in the true Hollywood fashion. I have read other articles about Tommy Lee Jones and nobody mentioned he was particularly unpleasant.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-25-2011, 09:22 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times
Tommy Lee Jones is a very nice man or seems to be . I saw him once in new york walking with his agent I do believe , I asked him for an autograph and he said sure and I said thank you and he actually said your welcome back to me . Joan rivers is a snot and she and joy behar should retire . I would not want to talk to her either . Yeah those of you thinking about plastic surgery should look at her first .

Old 01-25-2011, 11:29 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggo View Post
Joan Rivers had skill?
Some people thought so. Back in the day she was a regular on Johnny Carson...maybe she worked cheap or lived close to the studio so she could be a last minute fill in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities