Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 03:15 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,347,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance® L.I.D.™ Allergy Formulas for Cats (http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/catformulas/allergy.html - broken link)

I get the duck and pea flavored, it's like crack for cats.

Do you use the dry or canned? The flavors you mention come both ways.
How much is a bag, or a can? No $ info on the site, just that PetCo carries it in this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 04:43 PM

622 posts, read 1,723,516 times
Innova EVO, Natures Logic, Wellness core, Instincts

Used to do raw, mom wont let me, may do it again when I move.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:16 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,085,436 times
Well, my cat just got a 100% clean bill of health (all labs normal) from the vet...at 15 1/2 years of age I think that's pretty darn good...and she's been eating dry Purina most of her life. I've used the Senior variety for the past few years but I can't find it anymore, so we went back to the Complete. I did give her the Purina One for several years way back but she seemed to stop liking it as much. I recently bought her a bag of Iams Prodigestive since she got a tummy bug (first time she's ever been sick) ... she seems to like it at least as well as the Purina but the ingredients and nutritional content don't seem all that different so I think we're going to stick with Purina.
I rarely give her table food (maybe a bit of pot roast or roast chicken mean a few times a year), and a few times a year I'll give her a can of canned food...I get Fancy Feast just because the can is tiny...she will eat about 1/2 of it and it keeps her fur soft and her skin from getting too dry.

Last edited by christina0001; 09-30-2009 at 07:45 PM..

Old 09-30-2009, 08:05 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,332,100 times
Our fur kid gets Wellness grain-free canned and Nature's Variety grain-free dry. I've learned the hard way that if he eats ANYTHING with grain or gluten in it, we have to get the county hazmat team in to ventilate the house afterward: he develops the nastiest, foulest, most horrible gas you can imagine, and he toots constantly until it's out of his system. I'd far, far rather spend a bit more for high-quality grain-free food, and be able to tolerate being around him!

At breakfast time and supper time, he gets a quarter of a can of the wet food mixed with 2 tablespoons of water, and then I put out a scant 1/8 cup of the dry when I go to bed, so he won't spend all night knocking things off my dresser to tell me how hungry he is. He's a handsome, glossy, well-muscled neutered boy about three years old, staying nicely svelte and very active.

For treats, I give him bits of freeze-dried fish that I find at our local pet-food store (I shun the national chains in favor of the local businesses whenever possible). Fish isn't a good choice for a primary source of protein for cats, but they sure do love it as a treat. His favorite used to be freeze-dried tilapia, but the company that produced it stopped making it, so now he has to make do with freeze-dried salmon, poor thing. He gets a couple-three nibbles of that per day.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:59 PM

672 posts, read 5,093,265 times
I feed mine Royal Canine Kitten 36, dry on a daily basis. Two days a week I vary with the wet food. Usually between Hill's Science and Royal Canine wet food.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:56 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,100,599 times
My kitties are indoor/outdoor cats so I know they are supplementing their diet with whatever they catch out in the yard (250 acres of "back yard). If what the young one brings home to me is an indication, their diet outside is very high in pure protein meat.

When they are home or not in the mood to work for their dinner, they get mostly Purina products. All the different varieties - Friskies and Purina ONE dry, friskies, fancy feast wet, and Party Mix treats. The older boy will eat most flavors but little miss priss eats nothing fish. She hates fish. I can once in a while get her to eat some chicken with salmon but never in her dry food or treats, only in the canned. My kitties are trained (with canned food) to come home (for my knowledge they are safe) early morning, noon, and indoors for the night around 9-10 pm (they are out at 5 am). They are very fussy about their canned food, and no matter what I try, they only eat the Friskies or fancy feast - so why waste money on expensive stuff.

My vet says they are both incredibly healthy - the young one weighs in at a whopping 12 lbs of pure muscle and the old guy (16) is now down to 6 lbs but she says he's fine.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:18 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,359,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
Do you use the dry or canned? The flavors you mention come both ways.
How much is a bag, or a can? No $ info on the site, just that PetCo carries it in this area.
I buy the dry variety, my cats don't like sticking their pusses in wet food. They even paw the kibble out of the bowl and eat it off the mat.

I purchased it at Pet Supermarket for $13, 6lb bag.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:59 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Same story here....my guys downright refused BB....
I try different things and always end going back to Wellness Core.

and now the dogs are picking at it.... am switching them over from previous kibble to blue buffalo weight maintenance.... more for bailey's benefit.... lord knows dave is plenty lean.... but they both seem to be kind of picking at it and not eating as enthusiastically as before......

this looks like it could get expensive quickly......

back to cats now.......

Old 10-01-2009, 10:42 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,405,672 times
I recently tried Instinct...Daughter Chris has the cattery on it and they seem to do really well with gorgeous coats...NOT for us! Bought both feline and canine...I integrated it slowly...cats still barfed it all up and the litterboxes could make a toxic waste dump smell good!
Dylan was the same on the canine....Packed it all up and brought it all down to Chris!
Back to Wellness Core

Old 10-01-2009, 10:55 AM

158 posts, read 493,173 times
well i feed my little kitten IAMS kitten... I guess thats some of the best stuff I can give him... Not sure though... He loves them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats