Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2018, 03:33 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,367,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupson1 View Post
I named him after one of my favorite cowboy hero's horse. Will Rogers. Also his favorite I want to be alone place was my washing machine.^^^^^^

Find the kitty...It's in plain sight. Hi I'm Soapsuds
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6rdAfORRt...Bthe%2Bcat.jpg

Cute 9 week old pound kitty.
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vgIb85lDJ...image.asp.jpeg
Only took me about 10 seconds to find the kitty.

But........... I've worked that one before, and remembered where it was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2018, 06:11 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
I left my sock drawer open a little, and as I was playing on my computer a little while ago, I looked over and Daisy had made herself at home in it. She looked so comfortable I didn't have the heart to make her move. She finally did get out of it and I was glad because I was worried the drawer was going to fall out and hurt her.
Attached Thumbnails
Cat pics!!!-dsc07586.jpg  

Old 08-13-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I left my sock drawer open a little, and as I was playing on my computer a little while ago, I looked over and Daisy had made herself at home in it. She looked so comfortable I didn't have the heart to make her move. She finally did get out of it and I was glad because I was worried the drawer was going to fall out and hurt her.
Oh yeah....on the feline attraction scale, open drawers with clean clothes in them rank right up there with cardboard boxes and open newspapers. Glad you let her enjoy it for a while (ya big softie ).

Old 08-13-2018, 02:35 PM

24,529 posts, read 10,846,327 times
You should appreciate that the approves of your socks and their whereabouts.

Old 08-13-2018, 04:32 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,213,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

My Cat Lola will do that to my dresser drawers, but in Lola Case, she will open the drawer, and then hide inside of it. And in Lola case she won't be in the drawer, that is open OH NO, she will crawl several drawers down.

So When I see a dresser drawer open, I have to check each drawer for CAT . And in every case I find her; and boy she is not happy when I remove Lola from her nice hiding place. You can hear that conversation, BUT DADDY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Old 08-13-2018, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
My Cat Lola will do that to my dresser drawers, but in Lola Case, she will open the drawer, and then hide inside of it. And in Lola case she won't be in the drawer, that is open OH NO, she will crawl several drawers down.

So When I see a dresser drawer open, I have to check each drawer for CAT . And in every case I find her; and boy she is not happy when I remove Lola from her nice hiding place. You can hear that conversation, BUT DADDY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
That may be annoying for you, but it is totally hilarious for us. Thanks for sharing.

Old 08-13-2018, 08:42 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,213,587 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
That may be annoying for you, but it is totally hilarious for us. Thanks for sharing.

My wife and I do find it amusing, one time I had to remove 3 drawers just to get to her and get her out. She had opened the top drawer in a 4 - 5 foot bureau; I found her in the bottom drawer.

Lola is also my little chemical kitty, if we have just cleaned with any kind of chemicals, like 409, or Lysol she is right there. And will want to stay there for a while. We have to shut the bathroom door when we are done cleaning the bathroom; just to keep Lola out of it.

And we all know that cats like to chase red pointers or lasers. But when your TV has a mouse pointer, it is not too fun to watch your cat try and chase the pointer across the TV screen.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:06 AM

988 posts, read 682,588 times
Quote:
My wife and I do find it amusing, one time I had to remove 3 drawers just to get to her and get her out. She had opened the top drawer in a 4 - 5 foot bureau; I found her in the bottom drawer.
Our feral cat, Leo, did that trick when we first found him. He lived in a tube in a runoff ditch, so he was used to hiding all day in a dark spot. He was scared of everything in our house. He learned how to open the top drawer of a chest of drawers by hanging with his paws and pushing off with his back feet. Then he'd jump in and go to the bottom drawer. If he was really scared, he would stay in there two days. There was no way to shorten the time. We'd pull him out. He'd go right back in. He's better now!

Back in the day, before we knew to fix all our cats, they had litters in sock drawers. I'm talking fifty years ago, or close to it. Then we really lost the use of the sock drawer! But it was worth it. Sometimes I wish we could have kittens again. My wife would really like to raise a litter. But no.

Old 08-14-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unwillingphoenician View Post
Our feral cat, Leo, did that trick when we first found him. He lived in a tube in a runoff ditch, so he was used to hiding all day in a dark spot. He was scared of everything in our house. He learned how to open the top drawer of a chest of drawers by hanging with his paws and pushing off with his back feet. Then he'd jump in and go to the bottom drawer. If he was really scared, he would stay in there two days. There was no way to shorten the time. We'd pull him out. He'd go right back in. He's better now!

Back in the day, before we knew to fix all our cats, they had litters in sock drawers. I'm talking fifty years ago, or close to it. Then we really lost the use of the sock drawer! But it was worth it. Sometimes I wish we could have kittens again. My wife would really like to raise a litter. But no.
How about fostering a mama kitty & her babies?

Glad Leo's not so fearful now. You did right letting him feel safe the way he wanted.

Old 08-14-2018, 02:53 PM

988 posts, read 682,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
How about fostering a mama kitty & her babies?
I like this idea. How does it work? Do we just ask a cat rescue?

Leo's much better. We had another cat we loved very much who never accepted him. She passed away a couple of years ago. Her replacement is very patient with Leo, and he's a lot more comfortable as a result. He's a great cat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats