Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2014, 06:33 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,618,694 times

Advertisements

I stopped at nan's old neighbor's today (the cat hoarder) and saw Gabby:

Gabby was the kitty I made friendly 12 years ago because he would always come over to nan's house. I'm so glad he remembered me (I haven't seen him in 18 months... that's when nan died), but I was so sad to see him so skinny and he wasn't clean. He's 14.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 08:58 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
Been there, done that.

Cat
Yep. I actually sat in some upchuck one time. One of them had puked in my recliner (which is the only chair I'm allowed to use) and it matched the chair cover color-wise so well that I never saw it. It was only about half dry & a rather unpleasant experience. I put a different color sheet over it after that, & got in the habit of looking before I sit. Never did know who did it, but I'm sure they got a kitty chuckle out of it.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
I stopped at nan's old neighbor's today (the cat hoarder) and saw Gabby:

Gabby was the kitty I made friendly 12 years ago because he would always come over to nan's house. I'm so glad he remembered me (I haven't seen him in 18 months... that's when nan died), but I was so sad to see him so skinny and he wasn't clean. He's 14.
It's not uncommon for a cat his age to be a bit skinny, and doesn't necessarily mean he's ill or malnourished. My 17 year old Stormy started getting thinner at around 13 or so, but was still in good shape otherwise (still is for the most part). But I know what you mean, it's always sad to see a cat in a less than adequate home/environment.

Old 08-01-2014, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
It's not uncommon for a cat his age to be a bit skinny, and doesn't necessarily mean he's ill or malnourished. My 17 year old Stormy started getting thinner at around 13 or so, but was still in good shape otherwise (still is for the most part). But I know what you mean, it's always sad to see a cat in a less than adequate home/environment.
Yeah. I guess I just remember Gabby in his younger days. But, his face was really dirty and I think that's why I felt bad too.

Here he is in 2005:

Old 08-01-2014, 10:36 AM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Yep. I actually sat in some upchuck one time. One of them had puked in my recliner (which is the only chair I'm allowed to use) and it matched the chair cover color-wise so well that I never saw it. It was only about half dry & a rather unpleasant experience. I put a different color sheet over it after that, & got in the habit of looking before I sit. Never did know who did it, but I'm sure they got a kitty chuckle out of it.

EWWWW.

If I hear anyone of them starting in the middle of the night, they get kicked out of bed-literally. I sweep my leg around and any cat who is there is off the bed. When I had my Bear, I guess I did that so many times to him that he would get off the bed BEFORE he upchucked.

Cat

Old 08-01-2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
EWWWW.

If I hear anyone of them starting in the middle of the night, they get kicked out of bed-literally. I sweep my leg around and any cat who is there is off the bed. When I had my Bear, I guess I did that so many times to him that he would get off the bed BEFORE he upchucked.

Cat
I keep half of my bed covered with towels or small washable blankets for just that reason. It makes clean up so much easier. But really, in all these years I've only found upchuck on the bed very few times.

Old 08-01-2014, 01:38 PM

277 posts, read 441,951 times
I have thankfully (knocking on all available wood) not had any of our three upchuck on anything but the bathroom floor. I do hope it stays that way...

They really know how to make you feel like you're being judged.

Old 08-01-2014, 04:05 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MafHoney View Post
I have thankfully (knocking on all available wood) not had any of our three upchuck on anything but the bathroom floor. I do hope it stays that way...

I can tell those are three abused cats-unwanted, unloved, and underfed. They have such a rough life.

Cat

Old 08-01-2014, 04:12 PM

277 posts, read 441,951 times
It is truly a rough situation over here.

Well... the dog thinks that way at least, haha.

Old 08-01-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MafHoney View Post

Aww, I love your cats!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats