Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 07:30 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,304,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
Last week she was eating cans of the wet food, no problem.

The past day or.so, it seems like her mouth hurts.
Have you looked inside her mouth to see if there are rotten teeth? Is it possible she got bitten by a bee on her mouth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2021, 09:57 AM

9,411 posts, read 11,156,929 times
Try to find a reasonably-priced competent vet. Kitty is likely hurting.

Our cat Bizzie got a bad toothache--we didn't know what it was, she just went bananas one day, hiding and hissing and hostile, not her at all--and I finally cornered her and tossed a towel on her to grab her without getting shredded. We had a great vet at that time, he let us watch the procedure.

So at least your cat isn't hurting that badly (easy to say when you're not living in that body), but surely she's hurting.
She'll have to go under for the procedure. Maybe you can pay on time. But kitty needs medical.

Old 02-12-2021, 12:20 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,567,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Try to find a reasonably-priced competent vet. Kitty is likely hurting.

Our cat Bizzie got a bad toothache--we didn't know what it was, she just went bananas one day, hiding and hissing and hostile, not her at all--and I finally cornered her and tossed a towel on her to grab her without getting shredded. We had a great vet at that time, he let us watch the procedure.

So at least your cat isn't hurting that badly (easy to say when you're not living in that body), but surely she's hurting.
She'll have to go under for the procedure. Maybe you can pay on time. But kitty needs medical.

Since cats hide pain, when they begin to show signs of pain by not eating, they are hurting "that badly".

Glad your got your Bizzie in, but understand that (through no fault of your own, because she hid it from you) she was in pain, bad pain, for much longer than the day she finally flipped out over it.

Cats suffer in silence, it's an deeply ingrained instinct of a prey animal. (Sadly, it's one of the reasons it is taking so long to end "declawing". Because people refuse to believe their cats are suffering. And vets cash in on that.)

Old 02-12-2021, 01:37 PM

9,411 posts, read 11,156,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Since cats hide pain, when they begin to show signs of pain by not eating, they are hurting "that badly".

Glad your got your Bizzie in, but understand that (through no fault of your own, because she hid it from you) she was in pain, bad pain, for much longer than the day she finally flipped out over it.

Cats suffer in silence, it's an deeply ingrained instinct of a prey animal. (Sadly, it's one of the reasons it is taking so long to end "declawing". Because people refuse to believe their cats are suffering. And vets cash in on that.)
I said her cat is not hurting as badly as Bizzie was. Yes I know cats and other critters mask their pain. Yes I understand Bizzie was in horrible pain. I've had cats all my life, I don't need a lecture on cat behavior.

Bizzie was beyond any behavior we've seen with her, or any other cat for that matter. We didn't know what was going on, we did know she needed to get to the vet. The capture was not easy.

Great vet, problem solved. Best vet I or we have ever had.

Old 02-12-2021, 02:58 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,567,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
I said her cat is not hurting as badly as Bizzie was. Yes I know cats and other critters mask their pain. Yes I understand Bizzie was in horrible pain. I've had cats all my life, I don't need a lecture on cat behavior.

Bizzie was beyond any behavior we've seen with her, or any other cat for that matter. We didn't know what was going on, we did know she needed to get to the vet. The capture was not easy.

Great vet, problem solved. Best vet I or we have ever had.

Perhaps you don't need it, but there are many who read these threads who don't understand this about cats. That's what this board is for, to share understanding and knowledge.

Putting something (a towel in your case) over a freaking out cat was a very effective and sensible way to handle him, and something I would advise someone to do, should they come asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats