Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2020, 05:46 PM

8,009 posts, read 10,418,653 times

Advertisements

If so, what do you think? We have 2 litter boxes. Both are enclosed in this wood thing that looks like furniture. So about as contained as you can get. But litter inevitably gets tracked all over the house. And it seems that it's impossible to ever get it all up, even with the vacuum. We use Tidy Cat Multi Cat litter.

I have heard that people swear by the Tidy Cat Breeze System, so I just wanted to get some feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2020, 09:12 PM

483 posts, read 630,168 times
We used it for a while a few years ago. It's far more expensive than litter. You have to buy pee pads and pellets. You use the pee pads in a pull out drawer underneath, If you have access to hospital pads used for those bedridden you could cut them in half and use them. The pellets are very expensive also. Poop gets all over them and so you scoop out a pretty large area. With kitty litter the waste is more confined. Pellets scatter as well. It's probably been three years and I would bet there are still some under the fridge. If you go the Breeze route order from Chewy. They have the best prices. You may also want to check Facebook Marketplace. That's how I sold mine.

My recommendation would be to get one of those honeycomb style litter pad catchers and put it at the litter box escape door. I've found that catches 99% of the litter. Hope this information helps.

Old 02-28-2020, 01:47 PM

837 posts, read 1,709,583 times
I used the Breeze system for my last two cats. I think the Breeze pellets do not scatter as much as most litter.I used it with a Litter Genie disposal system. The Breeze system was easy and (I thought) less odorous than most litters. It is expensive and, at times there seemed to be shortages of the pads and pellets for sale in Target and Walmart. I felt like Tidy Cat was no longer supporting the system, but I'm not sure.

Old 03-04-2020, 12:02 PM

1,624 posts, read 1,354,061 times
I am using the Breeze for my one cat. She switched right to it, even though she was 8 years old when I got her.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this system! The pellets hardly scatter at all, a few at most, and they are easy enough to pick up and put back. There is ZERO dust, and ZERO smell (if pee pad is changed regularly and soaked pellets are removed, of course). I use doggie poop bags to pick out the poop every day (hint: let the poop dry in the box for an hour before picking it out, and very few pellets will stick to it). I use 1 pad a week for 1 cat, spinning it 180 degrees half-way through the week. Every two weeks I remove the soaked pellets at the bottom of the box (they turn a dark brown) and replenish with some new pellets (maybe a fifth of a 3.5 lb bag).

I do see a negative to this system, and it's the size of the box. I have a small 10 pound female and she fits okay in the box, but a cat much larger than her would have a tough time of it. If you take the sides off of it, there is more room to move around but then the cat can pee over the edge much easier.

I buy the doggie poop bags from Dollar Tree (60 bags/$1). I get the pee pads from Target, Petsmart or Amazon, waiting for a sale and stocking up ($12.xx for 10 pads is a good price). The pellets I get either from Target or Walmart. I do not find it expensive at all, especially given the convenience (no big bags/boxes of litter), the ease of maintenance, and the lack of dust, tracking, and odor. It has been a game-changer for me.

Old 03-04-2020, 12:42 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
I have one (and 3 cats). Only one cat seem to like it. It is easy to keep clean. However, it is more expensive. But, you don't have to change the pellets as frequently as you would litter. But, the pee pad does need to be changed frequently.

The pellets do scatter a bit and they hurt when you step on them. But, they are easy enough to sweep up.

On a scale of 1-10, I would rate it about 7 or 8. Not great but not bad either.

Cat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats