Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2020, 05:11 PM

294 posts, read 180,364 times

Advertisements

Every morning it’s a pleasure to wake up. Our cat Blue jumps into the bed as soon as we open the eyes and then the fun begins. She wants to be cuddled, is head bumping us, rubber her head against our faces, sitting on us, jumping over us. It’s the cutest thing ever. At night she is a little more distant and enjoys sharing the couch but she doesn’t go crazy. When is your cuddle time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2020, 05:21 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,930,229 times
My kitty Domino, recently deceased, would jump up on the bed every night at bedtime and flop over "into position" for his tummy rubs and cuddles. I really miss that.

Old 01-27-2020, 06:00 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,371,172 times
Cuddle time(?)..... mostly whenever they feel like it, no matter what I'm doing.

But seriously;

Sheba Likes to head-butt my legs when I first get up, then waits for me to do my morning chores and sit down with my coffee. Then she presents herself for some serious lap time, pets, and of course our patented cooperative face wash (she licks hand-I wash her face). She usually waits till I've dealt with Angel for her turn. This will be repeated later in the afternoon, and at least twice during the evening. Sometimes she just chills in my lap if I don't squirm around too much, or there's something good on tv.

When I having my morning coffee, I also work my mandatory 8 or 10 word puzzles. Angel joins me on the table and assists me in my word searches. She gets her pets, ear massages (at least two), and the chin rubs she seems to be addicted to. After that she lays down by my arm and watches me mark the words when I find. I'm not sure I like the way she tries to correct a mistake, which is pawing the back of my hand with her claws out. But she's helping, so I don't say anything. The ear rubs & chin scritches will be demanded & repeated 4 or 5 more times during the day. Angel has never been a lap-cat or snuggler, but she follows me to bed every night, and sleeps curled up against my legs. Most of the time she's still there in the morning, waiting for me to get up.

Old 02-01-2020, 09:17 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiemohro View Post
Every morning it’s a pleasure to wake up. Our cat Blue jumps into the bed as soon as we open the eyes and then the fun begins. She wants to be cuddled, is head bumping us, rubber her head against our faces, sitting on us, jumping over us. It’s the cutest thing ever. At night she is a little more distant and enjoys sharing the couch but she doesn’t go crazy. When is your cuddle time?
Oh yeah, all of that is cute until my days off, when I like to sleep in a little longer ! For some reason, my two have never understood my work week schedule and my days off schedule, although we have had conversation after conversation about the subject. They agree to never do it again, but then, the next morning, they are right back to their old habits.

On my days off, they start their usual walking over the top of me routine, staring me in the face, and the two of them wrestling with each other until I wake up. I sit up and yell "Guys, it's my day off, go back to sleep !" and sometimes they stop it for a few minutes, but then go right back to doing it.

Then, after they get their breakfast, they climb back on the bed and go to sleep again, and I am wide awake.

The only upside is, if my alarm clock ever fails, I will not be late for work...……...EVER !

Last edited by WMak70; 02-01-2020 at 09:45 AM..

Old 02-05-2020, 03:54 PM

294 posts, read 180,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Oh yeah, all of that is cute until my days off, when I like to sleep in a little longer ! For some reason, my two have never understood my work week schedule and my days off schedule, although we have had conversation after conversation about the subject. They agree to never do it again, but then, the next morning, they are right back to their old habits.

On my days off, they start their usual walking over the top of me routine, staring me in the face, and the two of them wrestling with each other until I wake up. I sit up and yell "Guys, it's my day off, go back to sleep !" and sometimes they stop it for a few minutes, but then go right back to doing it.

Then, after they get their breakfast, they climb back on the bed and go to sleep again, and I am wide awake.

The only upside is, if my alarm clock ever fails, I will not be late for work...……...EVER !
So true :-). Yesterday she woke me up at 2am! Cuddle time - she said! I actually did cuddle with her a little, as my husband had to get super early and I didn’t want her to go to him next (and she would walked over). We also had conversations and I explain it to her again on the weekend ... but she seems to forget....

We are currently getting woken up at around 6am. She is not 100% reliable yet so we still need an alarm. But I think she has potential to become our furry alarm. And of course. After breakfast, she needs to take a nap :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats