Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 05:09 PM

166 posts, read 97,489 times

Advertisements

I thought it was cat food on the floor but when I picked it up it was cat poop. I went to the bathroom and washed my hands using hand soap, dawn soap, and hand sanitizer. I washed my hands 2 times using each of them and used a lot of each. After I touched it with my finger, I went to the bathroom immediately after I saw what it was. I didn't touch my face or any body parts. Do can I buy to clean carpet that has cat poop? It's not my cat. It's my brother's. I am just taking care of the cat right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2019, 05:14 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,258,709 times
Goodness no. You're fine. How is kitty? Keep litter area away from feeding area and scoop at least 1x day

Old 10-31-2019, 05:24 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,573,066 times
Nah, you washed your hands. You'll want to clean the area on the rug with an enzymatic cleaner to remove any lingering scent. You can't smell it but she will be able to, and might think it is okay to toilet there.

My concern is about the cat. Why was there poop on the rug? Is she constipated?

Old 11-02-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earslikeacat View Post
Goodness no. You're fine. How is kitty? Keep litter area away from feeding area and scoop at least 1x day
I clean the litter every day or every other day. The cat is fine.

Old 11-02-2019, 11:06 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,573,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2019 View Post
I clean the litter every day or every other day. The cat is fine.

Litter needs to be scooped every day. Cats don't like filthy toilets any more than you do.

If the cat is fine, why was there poop in the rug? Either it was because her litter boxes are too dirty, or she is having trouble pooping. How long is she with you? Please mention this to her owner. They will want to investigate her potential health issues.

Old 11-02-2019, 11:27 AM

30,525 posts, read 16,217,604 times
wonder if kitty was marking its new territory.

or maybe just being revengeful for whatever.

If it's just a 1 time thing, I wouldn't worry.

Old 11-03-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Litter needs to be scooped every day. Cats don't like filthy toilets any more than you do.

If the cat is fine, why was there poop in the rug? Either it was because her litter boxes are too dirty, or she is having trouble pooping. How long is she with you? Please mention this to her owner. They will want to investigate her potential health issues.

I don't know. I told my brother to take the cat back but he doesn't listen. He didn't clean the little every day or every other day. Sometimes he would wait 5 days to clean it. I will clean it later today. I did it yesterday. The cat will be here until December because that's when he has no choice but to take it back since my other brother is going to visiting. I will tell him to keep the cat. He already knows it's not my cat. I never said I wanted it. I only said I want to take care of her for those 2 weeks he was on vacation. But he convinced me to keep the cat in the house and he said he will pay if the cat gets sick. The cat is his and his wife's and not mine.

Old 11-03-2019, 10:11 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,541,770 times
^^^ I will never understand why irresponsible people feel the need to get a pet, and then abuse them. Yes, filthy conditions, lack of knowledge and interest in the pet whether you are owning the pet or babysitting the pet, nothing matters but treating that animal properly and thoughtfully -- please, do not even think about getting a pet, an animal, any animal. Have a heart.

Old 11-03-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
^^^ I will never understand why irresponsible people feel the need to get a pet, and then abuse them. Yes, filthy conditions, lack of knowledge and interest in the pet whether you are owning the pet or babysitting the pet, nothing matters but treating that animal properly and thoughtfully -- please, do not even think about getting a pet, an animal, any animal. Have a heart.
I take care of the cat whenever I can. I feed the cat, change the water, set up the toys I bought her, put her to sleep on the bed I bought for her, I even play with her sometimes. I told my brother not to get anymore pets after her dog died years ago. I also took care of the dog and walked it. I paid when the dog was sick over 1,000 dollars just to save her life. She died a few months after even though she was okay during that time after she got sick and she had to eat special food. I am highly sensitive and when the dog died I was depressed even though it wasn't my dog. I told him not to bring anymore pets but he didn't listen. I have a bird feeder in my backyard and bird houses. That's good enough for me. He will have to take the cat back in December when my brother visits. I will tell him I can't take care of her anymore. You are making it sound like I don't do anything for the cat. I spent a lot of time with the cat just playing and hugging, etc... to the point that it became exhausting especially when my mom went on vacation for 3 weeks. I had to be with the cat the whole day because she doesn't like being alone. I am vegan and all animals should live and enjoy life. Nobody should be killing them and eating them. It's not easy having a pet and that's why I told my brother not to bring anymore but he didn't listen. There is nothing I can do about it. He and his wife will have to take care of the cat. He lives at her house now. She has a lot of pets already and this cat doesn't like being at that house because she doesn't get along with them. She only gets along with a small dog but not the other dogs and not the other cats. Are you vegan or not? If you aren't then you should have a change of heart.

Last edited by Dreamer2019; 11-03-2019 at 12:51 PM..

Old 11-05-2019, 12:02 PM

I think cats are cute and smart. But last week the cat scratched me after it grabbed a plant and the vase dropped (didn't break) then all the water, marbles, and small rocks fell. The cat panicked and scratched me since I was holding her and was taking her to her room. Now I am taking antibiotics since I have a bruise and another bruising forming next to the scratches. I just came from the doctor. The cat was already given all of her shots. This cat is cute but it's time for her to go to the other house. I am not the owner of the cat. I was only supposed to take care of the cat for 2 weeks then my brother just kept her here but even after I told him to take the cat back to the other house he didn't listen. If he doesn't take the cat back I am going to tell my dad to take her back. I am going to miss the cat but my health is more important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats