Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 08:05 AM

2,373 posts, read 1,910,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesLucid View Post
I will always remember the weird little idiosyncrasies of some of our kitties. Taavi, a male Maine Coon we lost recently, had a thing for seeing if things floated in his water dish. We were always finding toys soaking in the water dish, but that’s not all. My wife took a Snickers out of the cabinet one day, set it on the counter and turned her back for a couple seconds. When she turned back around it was gone and she quickly went into the sun room....too late, it was already floating in the water dish with Taavi studying it carefully. One other time, we were downstairs and heard a loud “thunk”. I went up stairs to see a large, heavy cordless screwdriver sitting right beside the water dish and Taavi sitting there considering his options. I’m surprised he didn’t chip a fang carrying it. Fortunately it was too big to fit in the water dish.

I have so many stories like that. We had another cat cat that used to go around turning on light switches he could reach. Another which would try to beat me to the phone....I almost busted a gut laughing at one specific incident. So many memories.
Did she somehow answer the phone and meow at the caller?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 08:14 AM

2,269 posts, read 1,636,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petsandgardens View Post
I son’t know what the deal was. This was another male Maine Coon we had, also an orange tabby (is there something about that coat color?). The incident I mentioned was that I was taking a break while working at home. I had gone over to a comfy chair with my feet up on an ottoman. This was across the room from my work place, which had kind of a U-shaped desk that stuck out into the room. Big Red was laying stretched out on my lap sort of between my legs, his face pointed towards my feet with his arms stretched out in front.

The phone on my desk rang. I so wish I had a recording of this. He instantly leaped from my lap, hit the floor once, leaped to the desk and tried to grab the phone all in one smooth motion. However, he has big furry feet and my desk was covered with paperwork. So picture this 18 lb. Maine Coon, sliding across my desk on my papers and making a frantic grab for the phone as he, the phone, all of my paperwork, go sliding off the desk onto the floor. I was laughing so hard....I will have that burned into my mind forever.

It was like, “I’ll get it! I’ll get it! I got it!”

Last edited by LesLucid; 02-06-2019 at 08:27 AM..

Old 02-06-2019, 12:33 PM

2,269 posts, read 1,636,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petsandgardens View Post
No......but.....I had a black and white long hair (same one I mentioned liking to play with light switches he could reach). We had a phone sitting on the floor in the basement near where we watched TV. It was not uncommon that we would come home and find it knocked off. We figured Adam (the aforementioned kitty) was just getting rambunctious and knocked it off.

We had some friends over one evening to watch a movie and I made some off hand comment about that. The woman was like OMG! She said she had probably called us half a dozen times over the past few months and she said it sounded like the phone got picked up but no one said anything and the answering machine didn’t pick up. We finally figured out Adam was running over and taking the receiver off the hook (old land line phone) and apparently sitting there listening to people for a bit of time before they hung up. Poor little fella must have been getting bored.

Old 02-06-2019, 06:17 PM

2,373 posts, read 1,910,508 times
Wonderful stories. Thanks for sharing. What an experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats