Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 08:03 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,574,375 times

Advertisements

Mine are... on my bed, and some of the others like the couch. They rotate

Yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 08:20 AM

2,373 posts, read 1,914,949 times
In cold weather, the favorite spot is where the sun comes over the skylight starting about two in winter, later and earlier depending on the season progression, and shines through to make a warm sunny rectangle on the carpet below. They gather around the rectangular area before the sun comes over that spot and look at the carpet and wait. I'm not sure if they think the carpet just becomes sunny and warm. Not sure if they realize the ceiling area has any part in it because they never look up at the skylight as they wait, just down at the carpet.

Old 11-18-2018, 08:34 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
On the bed, on the cat tree that overlooks the bird feeder, on the screened porch and on the kitchen table that overlooks the trees and yard...

Old 11-18-2018, 09:17 AM

2,955 posts, read 1,413,419 times
Taffee often likes to grab the spot that I was just sitting in!

Old 11-18-2018, 12:56 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,283,360 times
Electra: My recliner, a pad on the upstairs bathroom floor, Hubby's chairs here in the office.

Elvira: The other end of the couch where Hubby sits. My chair in here (the office), the bed (sometimes), my lap, the arm of my recliner (sometimes), the towel on the upstairs bathroom floor (sometimes), chairs in the dining room, and some place(s) I have yet to discover. Yeah, she moves around a lot.

Josette: The foot of the bed, a chair in the living room, the back of the couch where Hubby sits.

They all like the kitchen table where they can look outside-"Cat TV" I call it.

Cat

Old 11-18-2018, 07:20 PM

12 posts, read 8,358 times
In summer, he likes sleeping on the entrance especially the sunlight poured through the door. The floor is cold and the sunlight is warm so it is good for him. In winter, he sleeps on my bed, and a carpet. When I'm sitting on the couch, he comes to me and sits on me. Not just in summer or winter, he sleeps on the shelf where in my brother's room.

Old 11-18-2018, 09:34 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Lucky has one of his favorite spots in the dining room, on the carpet. He lays in exactly the same spot all the time. Daisy will sometimes jump up on her scratching post, and then way up on top of our TV, laying across the cable box. I think she likes the heat from it.

At night, both of them pile into bed with me, and it is getting harder to sleep because both of them drape themselves over my legs and feet. But I can't bring myself to disturb them, so I sleep kinda crunched up.

Old 11-19-2018, 09:34 AM

838 posts, read 555,351 times
When I bought my new house I chose the model that has a 5' x 3' bump out in the living room. My plan was to place their condo tower and an ottoman in that area. It is west facing so for most of the day they have the sun streaming in. It also overlooks the neighborhood park so there is always a dog walking by or kids playing on the swings.

Sometimes my one cat, Annie, likes to take over Josie's dog bed in the kitchen. Josie will try to inch her way in but is usually stopped in her tracks.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:00 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Mrs. Robinson likes to rotate about every week or so. One week it's her cat tree in the garage, next week it's the sofa, then the cat tree in the family room, then it's the laundry basket which I keep a soft blanket in there for her, currently it's my bed. Who knows what the future may bring....

Old 11-19-2018, 04:55 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,373,958 times
I'll add a little qualifier here. The list below is places where they have spent at least 30 minutes, and done it more than 3 times.

Dinning room table- faces the south yard, bird & squirrel feeder, gets winter sun.
South bay window- has large ottoman and a 3 level cat condo/trees. Same view as dinning room.
Top of 6 foot long store-type display case- glass top is cool in summer.
Lazy Boy recliner close to floor furnace.
My recliner whether I'm in it or not.
My lap no matter where I am.
My bed- I get 40%, they get 60%, which is 40% more than they need.
The main isle-way from the kitchen to the rest of the house.
Window shelves in the rear utility room facing the west yard. Clear view of critter traffic.
Bathroom lavatory sink (summer).
Bedroom walk-in closet (summer).
Under stairwell closet (summer).
Under the bed- during summer, or an emergency vet & medical escape bunker.
My computer chair- but only when I want to use it.
Underneath the far corner of my long hobby table- only when hiding from the vet trip or meds.
Top of refrigerator- (winter).
Wall-mounted loft #1 (winter mostly).
Wall-mounted loft #2 (winter mostly).
Small table next to front door where their water bowl is- used only when another cat wants a drink.

I've probably forgotten a few, but these will have to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats