Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 12:27 PM

6,138 posts, read 4,500,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Can't speak for NYC, but the nip in question was some form of mint that my wife grew. Mikey always had a low tolerance for catnip, and we wouldn't give him very much. But he really binged-out that night.
Oh, to be a fly on the wall that night...though Bo didn't seem to have enjoyed the experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 02:02 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
Oh, to be a fly on the wall that night...though Bo didn't seem to have enjoyed the experience.

Yeah, that would have been interesting. Bo was the laid-back & mellow one of the two, and sometimes Mikey liked to push his buttons. Don't know if Mikey spooked him somehow, or if the nip got to him a bit. Bo was one of those cats that didn't react much to catnip, but maybe he did that night & it freaked him out.

Old 11-06-2018, 04:39 PM

4,295 posts, read 2,762,650 times
She hides behind the curtain with her tail sticking out and thinks she can't be seen.

Old 11-06-2018, 05:41 PM

My sweet old ladycat Angel likes to announce to the world whenever she is done using her litter box. It's located in a back utility room off of the kitchen, and when she's finished her business she sits in the middle of the kitchen floor. If she doesn't see me she'll let out a loud yowl, and she'll keep it up till I acknowledge her 'announcement'...... usually a "good girl" or "I'm in here". It would be cute, but the volume of it can startle you if you don't know it's coming.

This is the culprit, Angel;

Old 11-06-2018, 07:24 PM
KB4

1,032 posts, read 1,639,009 times
Cute stories! Mine was probably not funny for the cat... We have this old jacuzzi tub that we don't even use, it came with the house. One evening my cat accidentally stepped on the switch and the thing made so much noise we were all equally shocked, not only the cat.

Old 11-07-2018, 03:01 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,381,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
My sweet old ladycat Angel likes to announce to the world whenever she is done using her litter box. It's located in a back utility room off of the kitchen, and when she's finished her business she sits in the middle of the kitchen floor. If she doesn't see me she'll let out a loud yowl, and she'll keep it up till I acknowledge her 'announcement'...... usually a "good girl" or "I'm in here". It would be cute, but the volume of it can startle you if you don't know it's coming.

This is the culprit, Angel;
Now that is the face of an extremely interesting character! What an absolutely beautiful girl she is. She looks to me like she knows that she is in control, and nothing ever gets by her. Personality plus.

Old 11-07-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassetluv View Post
Now that is the face of an extremely interesting character! What an absolutely beautiful girl she is. She looks to me like she knows that she is in control, and nothing ever gets by her. Personality plus.
That would be an accurate assessment.

I know she looks rather serious in the pic, but actually she's quite affectionate, and somewhat of an attention junkie. Fortunately she's not much of a lap cat, as she's a big girl and weighs in at 15.5 lbs. And yeah, she sleeps pretty much wherever she wants.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:38 AM

20,361 posts, read 14,636,289 times
I have to store my printer under my bed now. Nimbus figured out that if he steps on the power button, it makes noises. He will turn it on and off over and over to hear the cartridges moving around inside, if I let him.

He also figured out how to step on the power button (which was on the top of the case) of my son's computer. Not a good thing in the middle of some game my kid was trying to play. He would also turn it on in the night. Of course the fact that the sound of it starting up would often wake me and get me up out of bed, was an added bonus to your basic experiments in causality.

Speaking of experiments. Last night was a fun one for gravity experiments. Boyfriend and I were playing a board game, and he had to wear his reading glasses, so he had the case for them set on a shelf behind where he was sitting. Nimbus came along and pulled it off the shelf, onto the floor. Boyfriend made a game of it, putting it back several times just so that the cat could amuse himself by knocking it down. What makes this even funnier is that given my boyfriend was very distracted playing with the cat the whole time, I beat him at the board game. Nimbus is always lookin' out for me like that.

Old 11-19-2018, 05:52 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
Elvira use to wash her toys in the water dish.

As you can see, it is a glass bowl. One time, the mouse was UNDER the bowl and she was trying to get it THROUGH the bowl. It was not unusual to find a toy in the water. She stopped doing that. I guess now she doesn't care if her toys are dirty. lol.

Cat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats