Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 09:51 AM

2,572 posts, read 1,649,494 times

Advertisements

If so, do you manage to get a good night's sleep? Husband and I have realized the only time we feel rested in the morning is when the two kitties who usually sleep with us (the others have never slept in the bedroom at night) have decided to stay out of the bedroom for whatever reason. When they sleep in the bedroom they wake us up several times at night and it is impossible to get a good night's sleep. We've kept them out of the bedroom for the past two nights and both of us are so much more rested. The kitties have plenty of cozy sleeping areas in the living room and they do sleep on the bed off and on all day, but I feel guilty about keeping them out at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 09:57 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,893,517 times
Do they scratch at the door, wanting in??? That's what would bother me.

My 3 sleep on the bed and do wake me up occasionally. I no longer work so it's not about getting a straight no. of sleep hours. Do what you need to do to feel good the next day, well rested.

Just watch out for cat tricks to get back at you...a mouse at your doorstep, a missing earring, an oops at the catbox

Old 08-01-2018, 10:13 AM

2,978 posts, read 3,934,878 times
Our cats are allowed to come and leave the bedroom as they please. Two usually sleep on the bed, with the third coming on once in a while too.

I have learned to ignore or sleep through most behaviors or antics. Those behaviors that I can't stand (walking on the headboard for instance), I put up sticky tape to stop them.

In fact, I feel sort of odd when they DON'T come to bed. I find myself reaching out to pet a cat, and nothing is there! That is sad to me.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:17 AM

Greatblue and Rene, they initially complain at the door, but then go about doing whatever kitties do at night. No danger of mice because they stay indoors, but the youngest catches giant wood roaches that make their way in through the fireplace. Main reason we can't leave the bedroom door open at night because she brings "toys" to bed to share and waking up to a 2 inch roach in bed might just kill me.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:58 AM

15,145 posts, read 14,345,694 times
Find the balance that works best in your household and enjoy the experience. In my home, my ginger tabby used to allow me to share the bed with him. He would sleep on the pillow next to me. He stayed busy stalking all day, so he was tired at the end of the day. Still preparing for the coming catapocalypse when felines become the dominate species. Purr's the word. Hope I'll have a place to sleep.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:31 AM

Soupson, based on all the dedicated human cat servants out there, the catapocalypse has probably happened already.

Old 08-01-2018, 12:18 PM

17,356 posts, read 11,319,818 times
I tried having her sleep on my bed but she's a sneaky one. She'd lay down nice and quiet after a few minutes of play and then get up and leave until about 2 A.M when she then comes back and starts rubbing against my face and meowing. At that point, she won't let me sleep any more until I get up and feed her canned food, LOL.
I want her to sleep on my bed but it doesn't work out. She's very nocturnal anyway and sleeps more during the day than she does at night. I think this is one of the biggest differences I've seen between having a dog or cat. My dogs always loved to sleep on my bed and slept all night.

Old 08-01-2018, 12:58 PM

255 posts, read 184,526 times
Yes my boy cat loves sleeping on my head and its uncomfortable. In the morning he wakes me up by pushing on the door with his paws to get breakfast.

Old 08-01-2018, 01:02 PM

6,162 posts, read 4,543,045 times
My cat used to come and sleep with me all the time, but I think I'm a restless sleeper and I know that in summer she dislikes the ceiling fan. Sometimes she will come and lay on top of me and purr and I love it because I'm out like a wee little child in two seconds flat. She can do as she pleases after that. Occasionally I'll wake up to find her next to me and it makes me incredibly happy. So I'd like her there, but it doesn't always work out.

Old 08-01-2018, 01:05 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,497,027 times
In cold weather yes in hot weather not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats