Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 04:46 PM

55 posts, read 86,574 times

Advertisements

Ours are:

Molly - which I picked out of a human baby name book because I wanted something different than the usual cat names.

Emma - because her given name had been Irma (which we hated) but we wanted a similar sound, thinking she would learn it faster.

Jack - for Jack Bauer on 24. We loved that show.

Ralphie - from The Christmas Story. And man, this little cat is a troublemaker. You wouldn't know it to look at him...all cute and tiny. Kind of like how Ralphie just finally beat the snot out of the bully - you would never guess he would to look at him...all cute blond hair and glasses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 05:34 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,701,283 times
My cat's name is Pancake. . . he's such a sweetie pie and a warm, fluffy, amazing kitty. I just found myself calling him Pancake whenever I'd see him.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:51 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,776,400 times
I adopted my cat from the Human Society, her given name was Tippy, it seemed to fit her, and I kept it, as she tippy toes around!

Old 10-14-2013, 06:30 PM

31 posts, read 33,731 times
I had a cat named Misty it was sort of like Miss Trouble like when you say her name it sounds like Miss. T. One called snowy even though he was gray he was the only kitten in the litter that was not black and Dr. Livingstone named after an explorer because she was always checking everything out and looking into every hole and tunnel she could find.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:47 PM

681 posts, read 2,360,791 times
Our two cats, Kittyskyfish (girl) and Minky Boodle (boy), are shelter kitties that had really bad names to begin with. Kittyskyfish, or Skyfish for short, was named Tai Tai, which is fine for a mixed drink complete with umbrella but not for a proper cat. We named her after a "skyfish", an optical phenomenon seen in pictures that used to be attributed to alien encounters. She was seven months old when we adopted her and it came to us as she zipped across the room from one hiding place to the next. We weren't sure she existed except for the fact food disappeared and presents appeared in the cat pan. :P She warmed up to me after a few weeks and became my "puppy", always tagging after me.

Minky Boodle's shelter name was originally...Buttercup. How horrible! Minky Boodle comes from a song on Cartoon Planet's Space Ghost. Usually we just call him Boodle or Bood, or Mr. B, or Mac Cheese, or Boodle Bear. Bood is a very gentle big orange tabby boy and a huge love sponge. All he wants is love and affection, and of course to get into the master bedroom 1st thing in the morning for scritchins. He was adopted a month after Kittyskyfish and we've shared our lives together for over twelve years now.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:34 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
We had a cat named Blue Moon. We were bickering over names and asked our father for his opinion. He said, "You can call it Blue Moon for all I care." We instantly loved the name! Turned out the name suited him perfectly because he's preferred to live in the basement JOISTS and we only saw him every few months. He was a strange cat but incredibly beautiful. He was a long haired cat (not a purebred but long haired). Very big. Almost all black. He had a huge long fluffy tail that was all black, two inches of white, and then another inch of black at the tip. We respected his need for privacy. All of our other cats were very affectionate and loved being around us. Blue Moon liked spending his life in complete solitude.
Hon, that was a raccoon!

Old 10-14-2013, 10:42 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Sushi the Tonkinese was a rescue from the SPCA. He's such a terror, that nobody keeps him for very long, and he keeps being passed around. The woman I got him from couldn't deal with him any more, and his name at the time was........

Michael Jackson!

Now, this solid mink Tonk looks nothing like Michael Jackson and can't even do the Moonwalk, so the name had to go. I wanted a nice Oriental name, so I picked Sake, after the rice wine. My son was having none of it.
"Mom! His friends are going to call him "Sucky!"
We settled on Sushi, although I should have gone with a different food group...Pita.
As in Pain In The A$$.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:56 AM

14 posts, read 23,752 times
I'm young, so I haven't had all that many cats to speak of, but I'll share.

First we had Jack, who was a solid black kitty with yellow/orange eyes. My dad jokingly named him Jack as in Jack Ass, because when he was little he almost got stuck in our reclining couch and he tore my dads hand up badly while my dad was trying to rescue him! We had gotten him as a gift for me (I was about 3 at the time) because we moved to a new house and my parents said if I slept in my own bed for a week we would get a kitten for me. I never stopped sleeping in my own bed, I had a kitty to keep me company! He slept on my bed for at least part of every night until he died of cancer July 2012, at 13 years old. The onset was so sudden, we tried medications but my baby was too far gone.. He died at our house with me petting him. I cried falling asleep thinking about him for months.

One other cat of ours is Fenix, whose name was a cross between Felix and Pheonix. We got him when I was about 8. In all honesty I'm not sure why he was named that, I think it was because he had sandy/rocky looking fur as a kitten. We got him from a lady in the paper advertising part desert lynx kittens. We now know that's not legitimate and he is probably a pixie bob/maine coone or something of the sort. He's skittish, he hides under beds almost all day and doesn't like being petted all that much. We don't know why he's like that, as a kitten he was fairly friendly, we gave him as much love as we did Jack, he used to sleep on my moms head, too but he's gotten weird. He loves us on his own terms.

Our other cat is Sasquatch! She's a year old, all black little girl. We got her for me because I missed my Jack. She's not a replacement, I hate that term. I love them both equally for who they are. She's completely different than Jack was. She plays very rough but when she's feeling cuddly, she's the sweetest little kitty out there. We got her November of last year. She talks to us all the time and likes to follow us around, or make us chase her around. Definitely a funny little cat. We named her Sasquatch because as a kitten she would stand up on her back legs and wave her front legs around in the air. Although, in hindsight, that's more of an abominable snowman thing to do than a sasquatch thing! The name fits my little beast anyways.

sorry for the essay! love my babies

Old 10-15-2013, 06:16 AM

1,280 posts, read 6,980,520 times
Pippin and Pearl, because I was in the midst of my Lord of the Rings obsession at the time!

Old 10-15-2013, 01:36 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,275,696 times
Default Cat names

We have two:

Puff Puff - a big ball of black puffy fur. Her full name is "Deenie Weenie Puff Puff" but Puff Puff for short!

Mellow - full name, "Mellow Yellow Yum Yum". A sweet tortie boy who has the softest fur.

Love them both!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats