Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2013, 09:17 PM

2,280 posts, read 4,514,791 times

Advertisements

Just paid $37.50 for a box of 30 sachets of this product for our darling 5 month old kitten who had been on Flagyl for quite a while for diarrhea (and it wasn't even what she needed: she got better with the parasite drug, Albon). She had extremely stinky feces so the vet prescribed this probiotic (which I do feel is overpriced quite a bit).

Is there an equally good probiotic for cats and kittens on the market that I don't have to pay so much for?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 10:10 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,573,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
Just paid $37.50 for a box of 30 sachets of this product for our darling 5 month old kitten who had been on Flagyl for quite a while for diarrhea (and it wasn't even what she needed: she got better with the parasite drug, Albon). She had extremely stinky feces so the vet prescribed this probiotic (which I do feel is overpriced quite a bit).

Is there an equally good probiotic for cats and kittens on the market that I don't have to pay so much for?

Thanks.

I have never used a product such as this, but I see that it is available on Amazon for $18.98 for a box of 30 sachets. No doubt the vet's office has a huge markup on their products as you paid 2x the price for the same item. Good luck with the baby!!!!

Old 01-10-2013, 10:19 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,655,128 times
Well, for one thing, $20.74 for the same stuff on Amazon Prime (sold directly by Amazon with free shipping if you have Prime or spend enough $$): Amazon.com: Purina Fortiflora Feline Nutritional Supplement Box, 30gm: Pet Supplies

That is how I just bought it. But I swear I must have the only cat in the world who doesn't find the Fortiflora irresistible. When I sprinkled that on her food a couple times she completely ignored the food.

As another shot at this I just bought a bottle of AddLife from Wysong, which is a 9oz bottle for $17.49. I believe that sounds like a lot more product for less money. It has not arrived yet so I don't yet know if it will go over any better. AddLife is suitable for both dogs and cats if you happen to have dogs around. Wysong Addlife™ It appears to be an update of their older species-specifc F-Biotic and C-Biotic products, although they still sell those as well. I chose the AddLife because the description sounded more appealing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats