Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 07:19 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,585,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Natura was bought out by Proctor and Gamble last May, 2010. It usually takes between 1-2 years after a buy out before you start to notice a falling off in quality (in my opinion), but the first thing P&G did was discontinue the Innova Flex Stew line, which one of my cats was thriving on.

I've been searching for a new favorite since then, for this one particular cat, plus the kitten now, too, as they are the finicky ones and will not eat the Before Grain with any consistency. Or the Weruva or the Soulistic or the C&P for that matter.
Oh, no ! Just when I thought I had it all figured out . Looks like I'll have to keep a couple of other brands on the back burner in case the quality goes down...the choices are getting slimmer and slimmer these days. I think they'll love Weruva, though, because they tend to love the chunks or slices in gravy-style foods a lot. Or I could just get 4 different flavors of BG and pray that no one buys out Merrick anytime soon . Such an endless cycle...eegads!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 07:27 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,573,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
Oh, no ! Just when I thought I had it all figured out . Looks like I'll have to keep a couple of other brands on the back burner in case the quality goes down...the choices are getting slimmer and slimmer these days. I think they'll love Weruva, though, because they tend to love the chunks or slices in gravy-style foods a lot. Or I could just get 4 different flavors of BG and pray that no one buys out Merrick anytime soon . Such an endless cycle...eegads!
Yes, I feel the same way as you about this. It is never ending. Sometimes I wish I could be one of those people who are satisfied to feed their cats friskies and 9-lives and fancy feast. They all claim their cats are "just fine". I used to be, you know, before the melamine poisoning of 2007. But once you've seen the difference between "just fine" and "wow, look at her thrive!", it's impossible to go back.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:29 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,585,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
I usually have a foster dog (or two or three ) here plus I feed four cats....I feed mostly raw but all animals here are used to a wide variety and I'll get donations or whatever of commercial foods.

I'm not a purist about food at all, but about a year ago I gave up on Wellness products because although they look very good, I noticed over the years a lot of soft poo every time I used it.
I'm not a purist either, especially because most of the decent brands tend to have very similar ingredients, so the chance of upset tummies is pretty low. I never actually had a problem switching from wet to wet, either brand or flavor-wise, but when I transitioned my 1st 2 cats from dry to wet, that had to be done slowly and there was definitely some stomach upset during that time. I felt bad, but once I knew the facts about how much damage a dry food diet can do to a cat, I couldn't even consider not changing it. It was a rocky road, and they were very upset with me for awhile, but we made it .

I know a lot of people who feed raw successfully, but I had a VERY frightening experience with it, so the idea of trying it ever again is just too scary for me .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats