Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 11:43 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,661,659 times

Advertisements

No matter which book you use, read it well before you need it. I have several books on cat care as no one cover everything the little precious tigers can get into. That being said, I hope you have many happy years together. Keep us posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 08:39 PM

281 posts, read 869,453 times
Update on Smokey

First, I wanted to thank you all for your responses. I've read each of them and appreciate your advice! We had a snow storm here and my internet went down so I'm late getting back on this.

He is doing much better now. I'm not sure what the initial cause of it was but thank heaven he's getting back to normal. His peeing on the chair happened after the vet gave him that shot. It hasn't happened since I posted about it, so hopefully it was related to the meds. He did seem doped up and sleepy.

He took right to his food again after we began offering it again and hasn't thrown anything up since.

I kept thinking about what could have caused this.... well, he was given a bag of "whisker lickin's" by purina for Christmas. I broke it out a week ago and began giving him a few each day .... and not long after the vomiting began. I wonder if it was those treats. I threw them out and he hasn't had any since.

When I adopted him from animeals, I was told that he was abandoned as a kitten and had not had all of his kitten time with his mama. He didn't get to finish nursing and they said he could have a poor immune system. Animeals did have a vet check him before I adopted him. Not sure if a poor immune system could have caused this either.

I'm a newbie to all of this! I love my kitty though! He has been such a blessing to me and my family. He has a sweet personality and gives us all so much love Can you tell I'm in love with this kitty? lol

Old 02-22-2011, 08:53 PM

281 posts, read 869,453 times

Old 02-22-2011, 09:27 PM

5,007 posts, read 10,684,206 times
What a beautiful cat. Thanks for the update, I'm glad Smokey's feeling better!

Old 02-23-2011, 08:41 AM

1,300 posts, read 3,602,293 times
Glad everything worked out! He is a beautiful cat, love his grey nose. About the treats - if you read the ingredients, it's probably mostly corn, which cats don't need and might even be allergic to. There are lots of food threads on here, which would apply to treats too. You may want to check them out if you haven't already.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:30 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Heart.......I am so glad Smokey is OK and getting back to normal! What a handsome young man he is too!

Old 02-23-2011, 02:46 PM

455 posts, read 1,238,367 times
Wow he's a stunner, no wonder you chose him.

I am pleased he is improving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats