Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 08:07 PM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times

Advertisements

I got upset, too, when my cat would bring home rabbits, especially young rabbits. Once she brought one that was barely three inches long; its eyes weren't open yet. But the bigger ones -- the way she stumbled around with them in her mouth, it was hard not to laugh at her, and admire her determination to get the thing home to present to us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 08:28 PM

5,167 posts, read 11,434,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
Oh, believe me, I would love to bring her indoors on a permanent basis! Cookie, that is. BUT, she is "technically" my next door neighbor's barn cat, and they are "technically" the owners. Yes, I am Cookie's "Mom", but still, reality is reality.

Besides all this, Cookie is a free spirit, unlike I have ever seen, except for her sister, Junie, who past away last March. Bringing her in on a full time basis would slowly kill her spirit.

I am what you would classify as being in between a hard place and a hard rock. I do my best, and that is all I can do.

It is hard when they are used to being outside to make them indoor only.... ours are all indoor only from the time they were kittens, except two, who came from South Carolina and they were labeled as "strays". But strangely enough, they never try to get out, even though I thought they would. I do want my husband to build the kitties an enclosure next spring. He can research it this winter and start building next spring, that way they can get the outdoors, without the danger.

Have you seen the video about the Caboodle ranch? I would love to have a place like that.... if we ever win the lottery that is what I want to do... have to get my husband to buy a ticket once in a while

forum rules, please read them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats