Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2010, 02:18 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,011,042 times

Advertisements

For the past several weeks, I've been getting on my 4 month old puppy for sitting by the kitchen and barking at my 15 year old cat, who likes to lie next to the stove. Figuring that he just wanted to play, I've been trying to divert him with toys and treats. It hasn't been working.

Then, this morning, I realized what the issue has been. I heard the barking and walked over to the kitchen, and saw that my cat was standing perpendicular to the water bowl (which is against the back wall). He was essentially blocking the pup's access. My pup was barking and jumping around, and the cat just stood there, looking at him, calm as could be. My little old guy (who, in his old age, and after a bout with cancer, has lost quite a bit of weight and is definitely not the cat he used to be) has asserted himself and the pup won't go past him.

The first night I had the pup, he was barking at the cat and wanting to play. After A LOT of torment, the cat snapped and bit the pup's ear. I guess that did it. The pup will not pass the cat to get to the water.

If my old guy could talk, I'm sure he would say "it's good to be the king".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 02:29 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,183,065 times
Ha! Good story. Cats know how to do it, don't they? It reminds me of the comic strip Get Fuzzy.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:33 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,011,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Ha! Good story. Cats know how to do it, don't they? It reminds me of the comic strip Get Fuzzy.
Oh, without a doubt. It kind of reminds me of the best way to get to people who fly off the handle at you. Just remain calm, and you always keep the upper hand (and it ticks them off even more ).

My other cat hasn't quite learned yet. He runs away, and of course, the pup runs right after him. Though, since the pup's been around, he has learned to jump from the dining table to the server and onto the kitchen counter without hitting the floor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats