Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2009, 11:49 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,689,212 times

Advertisements

Now that tobacco is unsafe the nannys are going after cell phones.

"Maine wants to be the first state to force carriers to post cancer warnings on their products, according to the Associated Press. A connection between cellphones and cancer is still still hotly debated. While some scientists do believe there could be harm posed to children whose brains are still developing, recent overseas studies have suggested there's no connection between cellphone use and cancer rates. Mod cut: copyright violation

Maine Wants Cellphone Cancer Warning Labels - Bill creator keeps her phone off because of cancer risk... - dslreports.com

Last edited by Viralmd; 12-22-2009 at 12:13 PM.. Reason: Copyright violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 11:56 AM

2,901 posts, read 12,729,936 times
I use my cell phone for emergencies only or if i need to make a very quick call and the cell phone is the only option.
Though it's a "hot debate", i can't stand using my cell phone and trust my body's response to it.
What really bothers me is the extent that kids use them.
I don't know about the politics of regulating them, but i have a fairly strong sense that they're actually not safe especially as a primary phone and with constant use.

Old 12-22-2009, 12:10 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,689,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
I use my cell phone for emergencies only or if i need to make a very quick call and the cell phone is the only option.
Though it's a "hot debate", i can't stand using my cell phone and trust my body's response to it.
What really bothers me is the extent that kids use them.
I don't know about the politics of regulating them, but i have a fairly strong sense that they're actually not safe especially as a primary phone and with constant use.
Yeah, I wonder also since some kids (most that have them really) have that cell glued to their heads every waking moment!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer