Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2008, 08:32 PM

32 posts, read 183,688 times

Advertisements

Our family was thinking of skiing Mont Tremblant for Spring Break. Our break is April 6-12. I think it will be the last week the mountain is open. Will there be any snow, or will it be mainly slush? Are there other family activities (2 preteen boys) in the area? I read about an indoor water park and dogsledding, but I do not know if they are open in April.

Also, since my boys have taken 6 years of French in school, I was hoping to do some activities with them in Montreal before or after the skiing. Do you have any suggestions on what we might like?

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 04:57 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,798,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethebeach View Post
Our family was thinking of skiing Mont Tremblant for Spring Break. Our break is April 6-12. I think it will be the last week the mountain is open. Will there be any snow, or will it be mainly slush? Are there other family activities (2 preteen boys) in the area? I read about an indoor water park and dogsledding, but I do not know if they are open in April.

Also, since my boys have taken 6 years of French in school, I was hoping to do some activities with them in Montreal before or after the skiing. Do you have any suggestions on what we might like?

Thanks for your help!
In a normal year there is probably some snow, which is why they're still open. However also in a normal year they probably expect it to be sloppy snow, at least in the daytime. Around here, ski resorts are open until the end of March, which is probably similar to the kind of weather they get in early April.
Mont Tremblant is slightly colder than Ottawa, ON, which in turn is quite a bit colder than Toronto in winter,yet similar for warmth in spring.

*If we end up being cooler-colder than normal, it could be quite possible for Mont Tremblant to stay below freezing, since it's easy for Toronto to get highs of only 4-6 C during the time period you mentioned.

All indoor waterparks that I've seen are open year-round.
Dogsledding might not be since it would likely be "Spring skiing" conditions.

How about emailing Mont Tremblant?
I'm sure they'd have a better answer than I do.

Never been to Montreal, sorry no suggestions. Anyone else?

Old 11-07-2009, 09:16 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,573,759 times
May I offer you a suggestion. I have skied many times in Quebec over the years and the spring sking is really great. My favorite place to go however is Mount Ste. Anne just outside of Quebec city. The mountain is awesome and the spring skiing has always been fantastic when I have been there. The thing that I like best though is that it's just very close to Quebec city. I just love the city and the old historic section is so great. I think it's the oldest city in North America and is just full of happenings and cool things to do. I almost feel like I'm in Europe when I'm there. The culture is almost 100% French Canadian whereas It's really not in Montreal. Your kids will really get a good chance to try out their French there and I'm telling you that the people will make a big deal of them trying to speak French. They just love it when English speakers take the trouble to speak French.
It's so close to Ste Anne that you can stay in the city and that is a real bonus. I have always found that I could get some very good deals on accomodation there in the spring. It still gets very cold there at night so the skiing is the best first thing in the morning with perfect sugary snow.
Tremblant is a really great place too but for me it really takes a backseat to Ste. Anne
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada