Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 06:29 AM

13 posts, read 97,923 times

Advertisements

I was in Quebec City this past summer and I must say, I found the women to be pretty gorgeous. I guess that brings up the question, who are more beautiful french-canadian women or anglo-canadian women? I know Canada is multicultural and has women from all over but I'm talking about your average run of the mill white canadian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 09:11 AM

1,217 posts, read 2,598,260 times
I agree, for some reason the women in Montreal look better than in Toronto, but there definitely are some good looking women in Toronto as well. But I think the french are just more fashionable and know how to put themselves together better. I also found that women in BC look quite healthy and fit, but I'd still give the nod to Montreal.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:22 PM

1,726 posts, read 5,859,468 times
They look the same for the most part, but the French ones are often skinnier and more likely to wear more fashionable clothes and makeup.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:15 PM

26,872 posts, read 37,997,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarp View Post
They look the same for the most part, but the French ones are often skinnier and more likely to wear more fashionable clothes and makeup.
You are right that it's mostly in dress and the way people are fixed that you see the differences. And European origin people (especially if there are mixed) can tend to have similar looks if you picked two groups of 100 people at random from two different nationalities.

That said, there are facial traits which are more or less common with English and French Canadians. Some people just look francophone or anglophone. I am trying to find some photos but don't have much time today.

Generally speaking, English Canadians would tend to have more Germanic and Scandinavian features. Not all of them of course but they are much more common.

French Canadians tend to have more French or Latinesque features and some aspects of these (like darker skin, darker hair) tend to be enhanced by the fact that a lot of them have aboriginal blood.

French Canadians can also quite frequently have Celtic features (more due to Irish blood than Breton believe it or not) like red hair and freckles. These are also found in the English Canadian population of course but in Quebec they get mixed in with French features and even aboriginal which tends to give a somewhat different look as well.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:55 PM

Fair-skinned redheads:

Josée Bournival:

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profil...8/casting2.jpg

Isabelle Boulay:

http://www.symmetry-and-sound.com/is...lay_iba001.jpg

Old 02-14-2013, 02:30 PM

1,726 posts, read 5,859,468 times
We have lots of women who look like that here in Welland. Of course, there was quite a migration here from Quebec in the last century. The francophones here in Welland don't dress as fashionably or take care of themselves nearly as well as the women in Montreal - that aspect of their culture didn't survive.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:51 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,520,966 times
There are alot of "Anglos" in Ontario and Quebec who are anglicized ethnic French Canadians or part French Canadian, especially in the east and the north, people like Avril Lavigne and Paul Martin. There are also increasing numbers of Francisized Anglos in Quebec (although not nearly as many as anglicized French Canadians). There is are certain looks more prevalent in the different language groups, but I can only guess accurately some of the time, it's easy to guess wrong. There is something to the notion of physical differences. For example, department stores like Simons stock different sizes of clothing in Edmonton and Quebec to account for regional variation in each body shape's prevalence, and this difference does not track with relative obesity between the regions, which is actually quite similar.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:25 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
all woman look different to me, i don't understand these questions lol.

i'll say that Rachel McAdams is very beautiful though.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:52 PM

477 posts, read 802,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
You are right that it's mostly in dress and the way people are fixed that you see the differences. And European origin people (especially if there are mixed) can tend to have similar looks if you picked two groups of 100 people at random from two different nationalities.

That said, there are facial traits which are more or less common with English and French Canadians. Some people just look francophone or anglophone. I am trying to find some photos but don't have much time today.

Generally speaking, English Canadians would tend to have more Germanic and Scandinavian features. Not all of them of course but they are much more common.

French Canadians tend to have more French or Latinesque features and some aspects of these (like darker skin, darker hair) tend to be enhanced by the fact that a lot of them have aboriginal blood.

French Canadians can also quite frequently have Celtic features (more due to Irish blood than Breton believe it or not) like red hair and freckles. These are also found in the English Canadian population of course but in Quebec they get mixed in with French features and even aboriginal which tends to give a somewhat different look as well.
I agree with most of your points, especially your point about aboriginal blood,
got me thinking about Quebec actress Carole Laure, remember her? She was quite a looker
back in the day...1970's
However, were I differ from your opinion is I think some french canadian women can look "scandinavian", wasn't alot of the French Quebec settlers from originally from Normandy? Many people of Normandy region in France are "Normans" with Viking ancestory.

Anyway, my vote goes for french canadian women, an unbeatable combination of style, dress,
features, and overall flair.
I heard that american servicemen during World War 2 visiting Montreal for some R & R
were blown away by the beautiful french canadian women Their jaws on the floor

Old 02-14-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastyork View Post
I agree with most of your points, especially your point about aboriginal blood,
got me thinking about Quebec actress Carole Laure, remember her? She was quite a looker
back in the day...1970's
However, were I differ from your opinion is I think some french canadian women can look "scandinavian", wasn't alot of the French Quebec settlers from originally from Normandy? Many people of Normandy region in France are "Normans" with Viking ancestory.
You make a good point. It is true that proportionately speaking there are way more (natural) blondes in Quebec than in France. Blond people are quite common here, I'd estimate a good 20% if not more. In France I think it is only 10%.

And Normandy and Brittany are the parts of France with the most blonds by a wide margin.

But very few people in Quebec would have direct Scandinavian origins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada