Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2008, 08:10 PM

11 posts, read 57,410 times

Advertisements

Hello,
My family is considering moving to Redlands. Based on what we've seen/read, it looks like a great place to live. But I'm reading a lot about the poor air quality in Redlands, more specifically, San Bernardino Co. The EPA website has a link to a report that states San Bernardino Co. has the worst Air Quality rating in the nation. Can anyone comment on this? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 08:56 PM
Ohs

236 posts, read 712,590 times
Yes, San Bernardino does have the worst air quality and Redlands is right next to it, so the air quality is pretty close to being just as bad. Redlands, has some nice small town areas, but people there refuse to see the gross parts, they are right next to the ugliest, low quality of human beings ever in San Bernardino, very depressed area and it spills all over into Redlands, so don't think you will be immune to it. I know you didn't ask about the people but aside from air quality it's a pretty big factor people in that area ignore. Everyone in Redlands feels thats the best place to live and are all a little upitty. I don't think it has much to offer other then what it used to be, the air is a HUGE concern and the type of undesirables bringing the whole place down.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:57 PM

566 posts, read 1,939,443 times
It's true. Redlands is a beautiful town. Love the streets lined with palm trees and old houses. But for much of the year the air is terrible. I've been there on days where if you look down the street you can only see a few telephone poles away. Fly to the area on private plane and as you decend you can taste and smell the air. Can't be good for you - especially children. Too bad as it is a nice place.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:03 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,273,608 times
Yep. Skies not too pretty out there...cough...cough....

Old 08-25-2008, 05:03 PM

60 posts, read 245,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapoo View Post
Hello,
My family is considering moving to Redlands. Based on what we've seen/read, it looks like a great place to live. But I'm reading a lot about the poor air quality in Redlands, more specifically, San Bernardino Co. The EPA website has a link to a report that states San Bernardino Co. has the worst Air Quality rating in the nation. Can anyone comment on this? Thank you.
Air quality isn't that great. It is a little better than San Bernardino, but not much. Most days, you can see the mountains to the east. More than half the days, the mountains to the north are hard to see.

Air gets noticably better up in Yucaipa and furthur up the 10.

Old 08-25-2008, 05:29 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,608,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobmw View Post
It's true. Redlands is a beautiful town. Love the streets lined with palm trees and old houses. But for much of the year the air is terrible. I've been there on days where if you look down the street you can only see a few telephone poles away. Fly to the area on private plane and as you decend you can taste and smell the air. Can't be good for you - especially children. Too bad as it is a nice place.
Sadly, what you write is true & no fault of Redlands\ San Bernardino since the smog comes from LA & blows up against & is trapped by the San Bernardino Mts. When driving back to LA from Palm Springs one can actually smell the smog driving down from the San Gregorio pass The same thing happens to Fresno\Bakersfield [smog blown into the Central Valley from San Francisco.

An unfortunate reality in California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California