Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2022, 12:11 PM

382 posts, read 179,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
To think of that as a good thing makes no sense.

As for flying, contrary to what airlines and unreality types want people to believe, there are risks.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/u...073910737.html
There's plenty of risks in everyday life. I might be more concerned with a tired pilot who is working extra due to the shortages. But, hey wear your mask if you like. Just know, I'll be sitting in a window seat with no mask so if you board the plane, maybe it's me sitting next to you. Lol.

Old 04-19-2022, 02:44 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
The more people catch it, perhaps less anxiety over catching it in the future? The only reason all these mandates are coming down is half the USA has now caught it, and realized it's just the sniffles.
And fatigue, and for some people much worse - but people who died months ago aren't around to worry, huh? Nobody can rationally be confident what the next widespread variant will be. Don't assume mild.

Old 04-19-2022, 02:58 PM

3,067 posts, read 1,737,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Cool. The fewer interventions we have, the faster the variants will go through the general population. I'm glad we're not trying to flatten the bumps anymore.

I have a whole shelf of those free N-95's from the knee-jerk too-late overreaction to Omicron. Perfect for flying.
This makes perfect sense to those of us willing to face reality and accept that the virus is going to do what it’s going to do. All this trying to flatten the curve just drags it out and prolongs the misery

Old 04-19-2022, 03:00 PM

3,067 posts, read 1,737,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter858 View Post
There's plenty of risks in everyday life. I might be more concerned with a tired pilot who is working extra due to the shortages. But, hey wear your mask if you like. Just know, I'll be sitting in a window seat with no mask so if you board the plane, maybe it's me sitting next to you. Lol.
Better fly Southwest, that way that person can pick their seat. For once people will enjoy being in C group.

Old 04-19-2022, 03:07 PM

2,284 posts, read 636,343 times
Quote:
And fatigue, and for some people much worse - but people who died months ago aren't around to worry, huh? Nobody can rationally be confident what the next widespread variant will be. Don't assume mild.
TBH, I don't give a RA about the next variant, as long as you don't mask me! Do you realize how many hours I spend in airports and airplanes, let me breathe !

Hypochondriacs, get a gas mask please!

Old 04-19-2022, 05:54 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter858 View Post
I'm more worried about getting ran over while riding my bike. Some of these people need serious counseling at this point. Their minds are shot when it comes to covid. It's almost like they want it to be here forever. Weird.

Old 04-19-2022, 06:17 PM

3,345 posts, read 2,306,314 times
Interesting how much things can change overnight. 40% removed masks overnight going on planes and feel safe doing so. Not used to seeing FAs and other airline staff maskless(May vary by airline). Apparently given Newsom and Sacramento the finger as well even though the state mandate in similar areas are not affected by the judge. TSA and other personnel still wore them though. I guess mainstream Media does make a big difference and this generally shows how much people follow and stare at mainstream media, and that people are generally sheep. Agencies as well, even though the feds and TSA had no practical way to enforce it on non airport based transportation where there are no TSA checkpoints to stop maskless travelers just like water bottles. I haven’t heard an example of a state/local transit agency even those that receive federal grants got penalized or garnished due to failure to enforce the mask mandate. And some agencies loathe to enforce it this year especially rural ones. .

The virus doesn’t disappear overnight though. Just how the media portrays things.

It’s really interesting the winter Olympics were allowed to go in full with plenty of cases while Shanghai gets lockdown down. As with everything else Money talks and it’s not just the Middle Kingdom but the IOC who would bully countries into submission with severe financial penalities should they pull out for any reason.

Old 04-19-2022, 06:23 PM

392 posts, read 275,084 times
At SFO, about half are not wearing masks (employees included), which surprises me. The airport website says masks are no longer required.

Old 04-19-2022, 07:47 PM

19,198 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
My husband wears a mask when he mows the lawn and rakes the leaves, and I am thankful for it. He used to come in and sneeze so loud after doing those chores that it nearly broke my eardrums. Now, it is extremely rare that he sneezes at all.
There is a man in our neighborhood that does the same thing. He's been wearing a mask long before covid came to town. They do work well for keeping those irritants away.

Old 04-19-2022, 07:51 PM

19,198 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Quote:
People who want mask mandates now want them for health reasons. I'm tired of the untruths you spew.
The nice thing about not having a mandate is, now that we've been in this for over two years, people know whether a mask helps them or not. Those concerned about their health should, by all means, continue to wear a mask. I'm on board for that. Just leave those who want to ditch the mask alone. Let them live life on their terms. You protect yourself (you and yourself generally speaking). It's a win-win. Everyone's happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California