Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 08:25 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
I agree, but neither does letting those posters deny other posters to post up their thoughts perceived to exhibit negativity about California.
So are you going to let a few posters run off others because they disagree with their thoughts?
No one is stopping anyone from posting ... except moderators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2019, 07:49 AM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
No one is stopping anyone from posting ... except moderators.
I didn’t say they were. Where do you get that idea? You are always trying to start an argument for some reason. I guess you just enjoy it.
What I did say is there are some posters that don’t like other posters putting up posts they deem negative and have mentioned they want to see it stopped. One in particular has mentioned there should be requirements he made up that one must satisfy in order to be allowed to post.
I’ve said many times that the nice thing is people are allowed to post their thoughts as long as they don’t violate tos despite the wishes of a few people here that wish to curtail others posts. Wouldn't you agree that keeping others from posting is not in the interest of honest discussion?

Old 11-20-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
I didn’t say they were. Where do you get that idea? You are always trying to start an argument for some reason. I guess you just enjoy it.
What I did say is there are some posters that don’t like other posters putting up posts they deem negative and have mentioned they want to see it stopped. One in particular has mentioned there should be requirements he made up that one must satisfy in order to be allowed to post.
I’ve said many times that the nice thing is people are allowed to post their thoughts as long as they don’t violate tos despite the wishes of a few people here that wish to curtail others posts. Wouldn't you agree that keeping others from posting is not in the interest of honest discussion?
dodge, you are easily as argumentative as anyone on the forum ...

Where did I get the idea you say some try to stop others from posting? Gee, lemme think ... read the bolded
Quote:
I agree, but neither does letting those posters deny other posters to post up their thoughts perceived to exhibit negativity about California.
So are you going to let a few posters run off others because they disagree with their thoughts?
Obviously I agree all should be able to post within limits of TOS. Everything I’ve said in our little conversation here has supported that.

Old 11-20-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
dodge, you are easily as argumentative as anyone on the forum ...

Where did I get the idea you say some try to stop others from posting? Gee, lemme think ... read the bolded

Obviously I agree all should be able to post within limits of TOS. Everything I’ve said in our little conversation here has supported that.
Like others here, I’m just not going to respond to you anymore. I don’t deny I’m argumentative, but you appear to seek out new posts just to argue with people going beyond what I do. As often as you frequent the California forums I know you’ve seen posts by 18 Montclair and mr5150 suggesting that certain post subjects or posters not be allowed to post or have to meet their requirements to post here. You have plenty of time, look those posts up yourself. I doubt you will because you will see I am right.

Old 11-20-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Like others here, I’m just not going to respond to you anymore. I don’t deny I’m argumentative, but you appear to seek out new posts just to argue with people going beyond what I do. As often as you frequent the California forums I know you’ve seen posts by 18 Montclair and mr5150 suggesting that certain post subjects or posters not be allowed to post or have to meet their requirements to post here. You have plenty of time, look those posts up yourself. I doubt you will because you will see I am right.
Yes. You certainly are argumentative. No, I don’t see you are right. You certainly seek out opportunities to shove your $0.02 into threads same as you accuse others of doing. In fact you can be particularly aggressive doing so, often. You might want to look in the mirror while reviewing your own postings on this point you are trying to push as being unique to me, or 5150 and Montclair. You can chalk my opinion up in your mind as being limited to me, but as with many of us, DM’s are exchanged and I assure you more than a couple to me have commented on these points I am raising about you. And no, none from 5150 or Montclair.

That clarified, ... have a nice day. Really.

Old 11-20-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Yes. You certainly are argumentative. No, I don’t see you are right. You certainly seek out opportunities to shove your $0.02 into threads same as you accuse others of doing. In fact you can be particularly aggressive doing so, often. You might want to look in the mirror while reviewing your own postings on this point you are trying to push as being unique to me, or 5150 and Montclair. You can chalk my opinion up in your mind as being limited to me, but as with many of us, DM’s are exchanged and I assure you more than a couple to me have commented on these points I am raising about you. And no, none from 5150 or Montclair.

That clarified, ... have a nice day. Really.
Now I see where this is coming from. You think I'm attacking poor lil' mutt.

As far as referring to those that don't want others to post, I never even considered you which is why I didn't mention you by name like the others I did. Frankly I think you actually relish those negative posts because you enjoy the arguing with others.

As far as dms etc, don't get the idea that I'm the only one some people comment on. I get them from others about you. So don't think I'm the only one argumentative. Not only that they mention how condescending you are to other posters.

At least I see where I am at and accept that. As far as comments from others to you about me, I don't care. Doesn't affect me at all. I've always advocated it's a free forum and people can say what they like even if others don't agree or like it.

But look in the mirror Mutt, you have a belief that none of my traits are common to you.

Old 11-20-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:

As far as referring to those that don't want others to post, I never even considered you which is why I didn't mention you by name like the others I did. Frankly I think you actually relish those negative posts because you enjoy the arguing with others.

As far as dms etc, don't get the idea that I'm the only one some people comment on. I get them from others about you. So don't think I'm the only one argumentative. Not only that they mention how condescending you are to other posters.

At least I see where I am at and accept that. As far as comments from others to you about me, I don't care. Doesn't affect me at all. I've always advocated it's a free forum and people can say what they like even if others don't agree or like it.

But look in the mirror Mutt, you have a belief that none of my traits are common to you.
No, dodge. I have no doubt that you have DM conversations including with others who find me irritating (to say the least). This is exactly what I just posted. As I wrote previously, many of us exchange DM’s, and comments run freely. I acknowledged that you almost certainly had the same experience. I am quite aware how various contributors feel about my postings - good and bad. My comment to you was to confirm you are also viewed with considerable negativity ... you seemed to be under the impression otherwise. At least now you have acknowledged what you initially denied: that you are as argumentative as anyone else. Good to get that squared away

This little personal exchange between us actually fits the topic of the thread in that we acknowledge the landscape of open posting about the state, as opposed to who should or shouldn’t “be allowed” to say whatever. How we got here was triggered by your suggestion that people should put others on “ignore”. I couldn’t care less who puts who on “ignore”, including me. All I pointed out is: “ignore” does nothing to improve quality of information ... other party simply continues to spread garbage without being challenged. So, if anyone cares about ensuring accuracy of information, they need to be aware and prepared to clarify misinformation.

Old 11-20-2019, 05:07 PM

1,203 posts, read 666,545 times
Quote:
What happened?

Quote:

Old 11-20-2019, 06:31 PM

3,069 posts, read 1,737,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Its not SoCal or the Bay Area. Why do people ask where I live when my location is found in the upper right of all of my posts?
The question was somewhat tongued-in-cheek

Old 11-21-2019, 02:51 AM

84 posts, read 31,078 times
Since you were asking thoughts, my thoughts are all comments should be encouraged. I have no problem with a difference of opinion. If someone doesn't like it or it's offensive to them, the simple solution is not to read it. I think it's rather childish and close minded only wanting to hear things that suit oneself on a forum. To encourage such, only makes the case regarding oversensitivity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California