Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2018, 01:18 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,293,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Not quite...Cox doesn't want his past discussed during a debate and neither would I if I had embezzled money from my business partners and equated homosexuality to bestiality.
Not sure why that matters now, McCain died a hero despite selling out and getting caught in the 80s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2018, 05:17 PM

26,796 posts, read 26,927,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Not sure what part of CA you live in . You’ve never mentioned . LAUSD though is huge and horrible I think they could use some competition from charter schools
This is the third time you've asked me this. Why are you so obsessed with what areas of California people live in? Why does it matter? You've already chewed out posters who you believe don't live in the right part of California for their comments about certain topics (e.g. the homeless problem). And you apparently don't pay attention to what people write; I've answered your question before that I live in a suburb of L.A. Where do YOU live? And when was the last time you set foot in a classroom in any public school district in California?

Quote:
Where did Cox say he wants to dismantle every law to protect the environment?
While he says he believes that climate change is "real," he is skeptical that the state is “making a real impact” with laws intended to cut greenhouse gas emissions — at least, not one worth what Cox says are the economic costs to California.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics...n-13232931.php

Quote:
For all the talk being “green “ and “environmental friendly” in L.A air quality is horrible
....so he wants to do this?

Cox called for reducing regulations and repealing and replacing a longtime state environmental law to decrease income inequality in California. "The inequality gap in this country is all about the crushing regulations, not least of which in California is CEQA," or the California Environmental Quality Act, Cox said at the California Economic Summit in San Diego. The law "has basically crushed the ability of people to start their own business," he said.

John Cox on Environment

Quote:
Premiums did go up a lot under Obamacare , despite Obama promising that it would be more affordable . If one is poor they get subsidies but it has hurt a lot of middle class people.
So let's dismantle the whole thing, a la Trump, and cause thousands of people lose their health insurance.

Old 10-02-2018, 07:13 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,509,745 times
Suburbs of L.A are quite different from L.A I live in the SFV l, but have lived in various parts of the city and L.A area .

I don’t have to be in a public school classroom to know that LAUSD is a failure

Some reading ...

https://www.dailynews.com/2018/09/13...-county-state/

https://www.sacbee.com/opinion/calif...213611974.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/06/u...y-lawsuit.html

Why you should not trust the LAUSD's new, less dishonest graduation rate - Los Angeles Times

Regarding CEQA many Dems are against it also or believe it should be reformed .

Old 10-02-2018, 07:16 PM

6,243 posts, read 3,623,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
That doesn't convince me that he's someone I'd ever want to vote for.

Hey, there have been corrupt officials in the past, so why do you care if this one is corrupt - is not a winning argument.

It tells me he isn't sincere in his claims about what he believes in. It tells me that he just wants to win, and will lie in order to do so. Hence, he would never get my vote.

And, let me just reiterate that I am a Democrat who voted to oust Gray Davis and I voted for Schwartzenegger - so - I'm not a strictly party-line Democrat voter.

But, I'm only going to cross the line for someone i believe to be genuine and with the best intentions for me and my state. That will never include some politician who changes his/her mind willy-nilly, whichever way the wind blows, and in whatever way they think will win them the salary that we all pay - regardless of whether or not he/she will actually promote issues I want.
Corrupt? He didn't vote for Trump to be president, but now Trump is president and he supports him. How is that corrupt? He preferred the other option--he never said Trump is the antichrist or that hell would freeze over before he supported him.

I guess Newsom has never changed his mind about anything.

Old 10-02-2018, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Not quite...Cox doesn't want his past discussed during a debate and neither would I if I had embezzled money from my business partners and equated homosexuality to bestiality.
The embezzlement and anti-gay rhetoric if true doesn't sit right with me, but neither does Newsom being a drunk, a coke head, and a cheater. I'm referring to his present not his past.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:04 PM

42,870 posts, read 26,392,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
The embezzlement and anti-gay rhetoric if true doesn't sit right with me, but neither does Newsom being a drunk, a coke head, and a cheater. I'm referring to his present not his past.
In 2007 Newsom was accused of using cocaine by a SF supervisor Chris Daly who was unable to provide any proof for his allegation. Around the same time Newsom admitted to having an alcohol problem and entered a rehab. He also admitted having an affair, but seriously..you seem to be deeply in love with Trump and he's a serial cheater and has been for years and I don't see you opining about that.

Poor John Cox, he should give up, he's run for office several times and never even got close to winning. He ran for a Chicago House seat in 2000, U.S. Senate in 2002, Cook County Recorder of Deeds in 2004 and Illinois Republican Party chair in 2005. He also sought the GOP presidential nomination for the 2008 election. When a guy goes on the record claiming that "gay rights could “open the floodgates to polygamy and bestiality” . He might not be the right candidate for California.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:50 PM

Quote:
In 2007 Newsom was accused of using cocaine by a SF supervisor Chris Daly who was unable to provide any proof for his allegation. Around the same time Newsom admitted to having an alcohol problem and entered a rehab. He also admitted having an affair, but seriously..you seem to be deeply in love with Trump and he's a serial cheater and has been for years and I don't see you opining about that.

Poor John Cox, he should give up, he's run for office several times and never even got close to winning. He ran for a Chicago House seat in 2000, U.S. Senate in 2002, Cook County Recorder of Deeds in 2004 and Illinois Republican Party chair in 2005. He also sought the GOP presidential nomination for the 2008 election. When a guy goes on the record claiming that "gay rights could “open the floodgates to polygamy and bestiality” . He might not be the right candidate for California.
I said present not past based on personal things I know, not those incidents in the news from several years ago. Of course nobody has to believe anybody on the Internet, but I was a staunch Democrat when I met him at a private event and were I still a Democrat I would've chosen another D in the primaries. You can have your liberal policies without the smarmy, lying, narcissistic, self-serving recklessness that would affect his ability to be an executive.

By deep love of Trump you mean I support the policies he ran on? There's plenty I'd criticize about him but his opponents have had it dialed up to 10 since Election Day, why add to the pile-on? I don't eliminate candidates for cheating alone (I thought the Lewinsky investigation was a waste), but if we're digging into pasts mistakes, bringing up cultural beliefs and character, then look at all skeletons. It's not the affair so much as it was his best friend/campaign managers wife. The guy was busting his tail to get Gavin elected and Gavin deals him this low blow. After blaming it on alcohol he said he'd go to rehab and never went. Addiction and therapy are serious issues and lying about rehab to distract your constituents is smarmy.

Gavin's father is a federal judge and was close friends with Jerry Brown's father, who was governor, so why does Gavin continue to say he was raised by a single mom who worked three jobs? The billionaire Getty family bankrolled everything he ever did; he wouldn't have those ties without his father. In fact, on paper Gavin seems like a stereotypical, spoiled, silver spoon Republican. He just happened to be born to Democrats. The long time Chinese activist from San Francisco, Rose Pak (spelling?) was obviously very liberal, had worked with a lot of mayors closely, and said Gavin was the worst. She said he's only in it for himself and I believe her.

Old 10-02-2018, 09:43 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,579,748 times
Well, I'd like to know how, exactly, Cox plans to fix the problems he lists in his unceasing radio ads. Housing is terrible! Homelessness is terrible! The gas tax is terrible! On and on -listing what's terrible - and ends with "so vote for me!" Without ever saying one word about how he's going to fix those problems - or pay for it.

He just expects the dolts in CA to vote for him, like they voted for Trump, without any kind of plan or real agenda to actually deliver on....wait...he didn't actually promise a darn thing.....so, he's just expecting people to be so stupid that they will vote for him based only on his ability to come up with a list of things that people don't like about CA.

If he wins, that will just be another incredibly pathetic example of how Americans (mainly Republicans) no longer seem to have a common sense gene left in their bodies.

And no, this doesn't mean I like Gruesome. He's just the lesser of two evils. God, I wish we had a decent candidate I could actually want to vote for. But, for now, it's an anti-Cox vote and Gruesome will gag me for the next few years, probably, but at least he's not the anti-Christ that Cox is. Still...ugh.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:39 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,509,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Well, I'd like to know how, exactly, Cox plans to fix the problems he lists in his unceasing radio ads. Housing is terrible! Homelessness is terrible! The gas tax is terrible! On and on -listing what's terrible - and ends with "so vote for me!" Without ever saying one word about how he's going to fix those problems - or pay for it.

He just expects the dolts in CA to vote for him, like they voted for Trump, without any kind of plan or real agenda to actually deliver on....wait...he didn't actually promise a darn thing.....so, he's just expecting people to be so stupid that they will vote for him based only on his ability to come up with a list of things that people don't like about CA.

If he wins, that will just be another incredibly pathetic example of how Americans (mainly Republicans) no longer seem to have a common sense gene left in their bodies.

And no, this doesn't mean I like Gruesome. He's just the lesser of two evils. God, I wish we had a decent candidate I could actually want to vote for. But, for now, it's an anti-Cox vote and Gruesome will gag me for the next few years, probably, but at least he's not the anti-Christ that Cox is. Still...ugh.
It was pathetic people voted for Trump ? Even though he’s been achieving results ?
What makes Cox the “anti Christ “ ??

Old 10-02-2018, 11:21 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,198,062 times
Quote:
It was pathetic people voted for Trump ? Even though he’s been achieving results ?
What makes Cox the “anti Christ “ ??
You missed were dolts too. Guess we're being instructed to be smart and vote for the sure thing evil instead of taking a chance on the unknown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California